The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
not sure if you're aware of this, but carvin closed one of its retail stores, and is now selling its store models for a discounted price. many of them having stainless steel frets too:

111449b.jpg

for $1639
source: Carvin.com : In Stock ST300M 2 Pickup Classic Guitar Serial Number 111449

110931b.jpg

for $989
source: Carvin.com : In Stock CT74M 7-String California Carved Top Serial Number 110931

110937b.jpg

for: $1409
source: Carvin.com : In Stock CT7M 7-String California Carved Top Serial Number 110937

113054b.jpg

For: $769
source: Carvin.com : In Stock DC600C 2 Pickup Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo Serial Number 113054

112143b.jpg

for: $639
source: Carvin.com : In Stock DC700M Seven-String Guitar Serial Number 112143

71292b.jpg

for: 1219
source: Carvin.com : In Stock DC400M Active 2 Pickup Guitar Serial Number 71292

they got tons of others:
Carvin.com : In Stock DC727C Seven-String Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo Serial Number 106808
Carvin.com : In Stock JB200C Jason Becker Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo Serial Number 120662
Carvin.com : In Stock ST300T 2 Pickup Classic Guitar w/ Wilkinson Tremolo Serial Number 96822

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate that.

The difference in price (even after calculating customs, taxes etc. into it) was about what I was expecting, but I won't go more into that because this pricing issue is a horse that's been beaten too much already.

I'll just say that at this point I'll have to do some more saving or go through the "used" rout. :)

But keep them pictures about H/HH coming, people. Maybe it's just that my GAS need more fuel? :D

Quoting myself, but looks like I'm taking the plunge after all.. I'm mailing back and forth with the local dealer about the specs. But what's the standard neck profile for the HH1? Is it the rapid play (what's that?) or something thicker. Thicker/beefier is better, I really don't dig skinny necks..

Otherwise I'm pretty much going with the standard features (alder/maple/ebony), still debating with myself whether to go natural or take some outrageous color.. But I found a glitch on the Carvinworld.com HH1 pages - they say the HH1 has a birch top, but the dealer claims the basic top to be alder.. I mentioned the wrong info in the pages to him and said also to forward it to Carvin (and try to negotiate a free birch top for me..:D).

ferret

Reaction score
Your dealer is probably wrong or maybe misunderstood and thought that you wanted a birch body... The HH1 comes stock with an alder body with birch top. The US site lists that as well, both on the product page and within the builder itself.

Maybe ChrisH will chime in though.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Your dealer is probably wrong or maybe misunderstood and thought that you wanted a birch body... The HH1 comes stock with an alder body with birch top. The US site lists that as well, both on the product page and within the builder itself.

Maybe ChrisH will chime in though.

Unbelievable. I went back to the builder (which is working a bit wonky right now, e.g it chooses the trem automatically), and compared it to the one chrisharbin made for me in the U.S builder - they're different! The builder doesn't give me the birch top as standard, and actually doesn't give me the birch top as an option at all. Hopefully a bug, but I'll see what the dealer replies.

Even though the optimist in me wants to believe it's a bug, nothing more and this will be sorted.. the pessimist in me is already thinking: "Carvin, really?". And from a professional point of view (I work in customer process development): This kind of guessing and conflicting information isn't really the thing I should be pondering about (especially at this price, which is close to 2k€) - I'm supposed to be comparing colors, dammit! :)

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
I'm not following, what can I help with?

Maybe just confirm that the HH1 comes with a birch top as standard, but I found the answer from your build picture in the previous page already.. looks like the specs are different for the U.S and for the rest of us. A bug or something else - I hope the local dealer can answer that. But that will have to wait until monday.

EDIT: And now when I'm thinking about this - the more it's starting to bother me. Just sent the dealer an email in which I asked a definite clarification for this. :/

Jack Secret

Reaction score
My rebuild DC600 black limba will be here Wednesday. There will be panic and chaos in the streets (if I miss the UPS truck)!

Mike Jones of Carvin decided to taunt me with this photo. His evil is truly endless.

11525_dc600_nlmb_nin_1.jpg

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
My rebuild DC600 black limba will be here Wednesday. There will be panic and chaos in the streets (if I miss the UPS truck)!

Mike Jones of Carvin decided to taunt me with this photo. His evil is truly endless.

11525_dc600_nlmb_nin_1.jpg

Haha! Spectacularly trolled. :lol::lol::lol:

Jack Secret

Reaction score
It's delivery day! EVERYBODY LIMBA! da-da-da-da-da-HEY! da-da-da-da-da-HEY!

Stay tuned. NGD thread after I get baby in or after I find the UPS guy and kick him in the shins for knocking on my door and running away before I can answer like the last time.

TheDraeg

Reaction score
Someone tell me about a DC600. With the passive pickups can one of these pull off metal and rock alllll the way down to some convincing blues tones?? I'm considering selling three guitars (including my one strat) to finance a custom shop..

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
^Yes, but there are a few pickups types you can choose from. Like any other guitar, that's a huge range to expect a pickup to execute perfectly on. But if you got some coil splits, etc, I don't see why you couldn't go the metal pup route and then split it or taper back for the bluesier stuff. And remember - you have a return period you can test if out for.

')