The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
10268481_794615017229530_7542132816425869410_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Reaction score
Placed my order a couple weeks ago for a DC600 with a natural glossed black limba body/neck with 2 white limba stripes. Ebony board, Jumbo SS frets, and a hipshot bridge. I couldn't be more stoked

JustinG60

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of tele's but since the scb's came out, this guitar just looks amazing to me. Such a classy look.

I think I'd go option crazy if I ordered an scb7 but I'd keep a tele just clean and simple.

i had to keep telling myself not to go too stupid on my SCB7 build i just ordered yesterday. the wait is going to kill me haha

mbardu

Reaction score
What is the wait right now?

Well my ct424 has been 4 months in the making and is not close to being ready anytime now :lol:

Then again it has some one-off option, so that's fine.

Apparently the general wait time is back to ~2 months

FantasyMetal

Reaction score
I'm waiting on an HH1X should be ready at the beginning of August.

Black Limba back and neck
Flame maple Dragonburst
Satin finish
Stainless med-jumbo frets
Ebony board with no markers

It's going to be the hawtness.

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
Well I might as well post my specs for my upcoming DC800 build since I'm so excited to get it.

Flamed Koa top with matching flamed Koa headstock
5 piece maple neck
Swamp ash wings
"Streaky" Ebony fretboard
All black hardware with black logo
And finally the brand new passive Carvin 8 string pickups.

I really can't contain my excitement for it. It should be done near the beginning of August. I'll be sure to make a really nice NGD for it with a review and clips of the new pickups.

that short guy

Reaction score
Well I might as well post my specs for my upcoming DC800 build since I'm so excited to get it.

Flamed Koa top with matching flamed Koa headstock
5 piece maple neck
Swamp ash wings
"Streaky" Ebony fretboard
All black hardware with black logo
And finally the brand new passive Carvin 8 string pickups.

I really can't contain my excitement for it. It should be done near the beginning of August. I'll be sure to make a really nice NGD for it with a review and clips of the new pickups.
I approve of this... you can look at the picture in my signature and you'll understand why lol

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
I approve of this... you can look at the picture in my signature and you'll understand why lol

Yeah man, I've seen your thread about yours. It turned out amazing looking. I hope mine turns out just as nice. Of course mine won't "pop" as much as yours but that's because I'm going with a all tung oil finish. I want it to be an extremely beautiful guitar but in a subdued natural way.

Also, your clip involving the Holydivers sounds immense. That might be an option down the road depending how much I enjoy the passive Carvin pickups.

MrHelloGuitar

Reaction score
For anyone wanting an HH, I highly recommend them. The one thing that I love about them is how consistent the action is across the board. There's no such thing as playing fatigue on this bad boy. Video for proof:

that short guy

Reaction score
Yeah man, I've seen your thread about yours. It turned out amazing looking. I hope mine turns out just as nice. Of course mine won't "pop" as much as yours but that's because I'm going with a all tung oil finish. I want it to be an extremely beautiful guitar but in a subdued natural way.

Also, your clip involving the Holydivers sounds immense. That might be an option down the road depending how much I enjoy the passive Carvin pickups.
I like the way you described that. Makes think I'm going to be stalking your post until I see the ngd

But as far as the holydivers go, they're amazing but I've been recently coverting all my guitars to the emg 57/66 set. I haven't done it to the Carvin yet but when I do you can believe I'm gonna pay a comparison.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Well my ct424 has been 4 months in the making and is not close to being ready anytime now :lol:

Then again it has some one-off option, so that's fine.

Apparently the general wait time is back to ~2 months

Ah. That is a patient man! :lol:

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
I like the way you described that. Makes think I'm going to be stalking your post until I see the ngd

But as far as the holydivers go, they're amazing but I've been recently coverting all my guitars to the emg 57/66 set. I haven't done it to the Carvin yet but when I do you can believe I'm gonna pay a comparison.

You'll definitely have to post your opinion on the 57/66 set. I really do want to try them out eventually. I'd love see what you think between the two.

JustinG60

Reaction score
What is the wait right now?

my only semi one off option was a paint request to make sure it was done how i wanted it. they told me 9-10 weeks. 9 is average they advised but expect a little longer of a wait because the number of guitars they have being built

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
questions about the HH2:

if you have the non-trem version, how easy is it to switch tunings? I have 0 experience with these types of bridges. is the trem version like a steinberger trans-trem?

also, what does the 20" radius fingerboard feel like? I don't think that i've ever played anything that flat.

Tyler

Reaction score
They told me 8-9 weeks, but I got an invoice the other day saying it wont be done until September now, which is around 11 weeks.

jerm

Reaction score
I ordered June 5th/6th. I got a card in the mail saying Aug 8th it should be completed. That's 9 weeks

MrHelloGuitar

Reaction score
questions about the HH2:

if you have the non-trem version, how easy is it to switch tunings? I have 0 experience with these types of bridges. is the trem version like a steinberger trans-trem?

also, what does the 20" radius fingerboard feel like? I don't think that i've ever played anything that flat.

I have the trem version, but I don't use it a lot (I just like having the option). I'd imagine it'd be really easy to change tunings on the fixed bridge model. I have the bridge in fixed mode right now and haven't had any problems switching back and forth from E standard to dropped D.

Latest posts

')