The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
It's finally here!!! Already posted a NGD, and as soon as the weather clears up here I'll get some better pictures :)
11101418351.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll be hearing about the V220 Zebrawood top/walnut body this week. At the very least a pic on Facebook. Hoping it looks as awesome glossed as that Vanquish bass did. Then we wait for December for the V220 lava quilt maple top/black limba body.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
How has the Carvin quality been in the recent months/ year or so?

The two I owned were not that great, and I remember early last year some people, like ELQ, were getting some defected models.

I like a lot of what they do, and I love Jeff Keisel's passion for his company, but I want to know my money is going to be well spent.

soliloquy

Reaction score

The two I owned were not that great, and I remember early last year some people, like ELQ, were getting some defected models.

I like a lot of what they do, and I love Jeff Keisel's passion for his company, but I want to know my money is going to be well spent.

i've been following carvin for the last maybe 4 years. in my experience, they have produced about 1 guitar with MAJOR defect that was corrected by them right away (neck came off) and a small handful of other random mishaps like the color not what the customer requested, which too they corrected. and again, colors vary with screen settings and lights as well.

i'd had 2 carvins about 2 years apart from each other, and their quality has kicked up a notch. my CS6m was superb and i was super happy with it. then the ct424 came about and its quality was far superior, which was hard to do with the cs6m.

its fairly consistent i'd say.

order something with normal colors so if you dont like it, you can always return it within 10 days

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. I am just looking for a DC700 with standard colors. The Born of Osiris Models have been killing me.

mbardu

Reaction score

What kind of defected models are you referring to?
Not sure what the problems would have been.

They did have some mishaps with specs last year, with options missed or done backwards, but they usually come through with customer service. That seems also sorted out by now.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
What kind of defected models are you referring to?
Not sure what the problems would have been.

They did have some mishaps with specs last year, with options missed or done backwards, but they usually come through with customer service. That seems also sorted out by now.

-Stained finish color seeping into non finished/ clear satin areas on the back of the neck to make the finish work look sloppy and uneven, mostly common on the headstock where the finished maple headstock met a clear sating back of neck
-Rough fret ends when first getting the guitars
-Cracked Ebony fretboards after maybe 6 months
-When they had the option to see your five piece neck through the top, the woods were not aligned correctly so the pattern was off center and was an eye sore
-Not receiving parts such as the tremolo bar, strap locks and even the Allen wrenches when receiving the guitar
-On my tung oiled neck Carvin, the five piece maple/walnut neck had uneven areas where the the woods had separated and felt uneven when playing it.

Basically a lot of small things that added up. When I got them I lived in a college town where we had a Suhr and PRS dealer and I just felt my Carvins were underwhelming so I started looking elsewhere. I know a lot of people love Carvin but I need a guitar that stands out.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
We have shipment.

Sadly, between the weekend & the Thanksgiving holiday in the USA, she will not arrive until Friday of next week, the 28th.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
Too dark in the Guitarcade to snap decent pics but will do in the morning. She is ....ing gorgeous in person. The walnut body is just breathtaking. I have not known what true walnut was before this day. The zebra top & streaky ebony board are nice too.

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
That is sweet. What is that beveled edge/contour option called? Has anybody ever seen that done on an HH2? I'd also love to see a burst top with the bevel too.

soliloquy

Reaction score
That is sweet. What is that beveled edge/contour option called? Has anybody ever seen that done on an HH2? I'd also love to see a burst top with the bevel too.

they wont do that on the HH2. the beveled top is only done on very few shapes. its a new feature that was used on a guitar guitar and bass all together.

Latest posts

')