The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GBH14

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to more info on the international changes.

Will it make is cheaper?
Will it give us some sort of money back guarantee like the US get?
How are returns etc dealt with for faults? Its not cheap or easy to return a guitar to the US and the dealer dealt with all that before I believe.

Can't wait to hear more. There so much stuff I want from Carvin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I'm feeling insane, what is this headstock style called?
124543b.jpg

feraledge

Reaction score
Is this not a 6 string option or only on certain models? Someone had a NGD relatively recently with a reversed 6 string one, but I couldn't find it.

ferret

Reaction score
There is a 2+4 headstock for six strings, but no 4+2. Rumor mill claims legal issues with EBMM. No idea if it's true.

feraledge

Reaction score
There is a 2+4 headstock for six strings, but no 4+2. Rumor mill claims legal issues with EBMM. No idea if it's true.

I swear I saw a 3+3 like this. Funny about EBMM since I remember it looking very Mayones-esque.

electriceye

Reaction score
Did you go to the Winter NAMM show this year?

Do you want to experience a little bit of what happened at the Carvin (aka Kiesel) Guitars booth?

Do you want to see ALL the new models?

How about meeting Greg Howe & Neil Zaza?

My name is "X" & I went to the Winter NAMM show.......

Click here if you want to see my adventure........:hbang:

Carvin.com BBS :: View topic - Welcome to the Kiesel NAMM Show - 2015 (X)

As many of you guys already know, Carvin brought THE HEAT this year & they totally OWNED the 2015 show!

Peace! X-Mann (aka Chen)

I'm telling you, man, I am in LOVE with that Greg Howe sig. It's just perfection.

dimitrio

Reaction score
so 24 fret bolt-on - done, long scale 7s - done year ago. I like the tendency) Really hope for fanned frets next year :)

ferret

Reaction score
Back in the waiting room officially!

Kielse%20V6_zps9gauofl8.jpg

Extra 1-2 weeks of build time because 25.5" scale is still being programmed into the CNC. Important note for anyone interested: Candy Tangerine is a metallic opt50 color but does NOT void the 10-day return. It carries a $200 restocking fee however.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I see your point but when I spec'd out a guitar through the dealer they came back with a figure. I then went onto the US site and spec'd the exact same thing to get a US price. I then converted that to British sterling and calculated the import tax. Both we within a few £ of each other.

Maybe that's how it was for the UK, but there's a HUGE difference between US direct prices and South Korean dealer prices, and the additional shipping and customs wouldn't even come close to closing the gap :lol:

I've been pretty vocal about my displeasure with the lack of direct distribution for international customers, so now that they're making it an option, I almost feel a little obligated to get one :lol:.

electriceye

Reaction score
Nice!

I want the Howe. I'm terrified to know what it will cost :ugh:

Why would you be terrified? I don't think I've ever seen any of their sig models being grossly over-priced. They're not Charvel/Jackson. Hell, take a look at the JB sig. You can throw all sorts of options at those and barely scratch $2k.

Regardless, pricing starts at $1599, which seems pretty damn reasonable to me. I think I saw a pic of the price sheet in this thread or somewhere similar, but I was able to find this pic where you can sort of see the same thing:

10479702_10204943721365519_2807360261045133040_n.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Did you go to the Winter NAMM show this year?

Do you want to experience a little bit of what happened at the Carvin (aka Kiesel) Guitars booth?

Do you want to see ALL the new models?

How about meeting Greg Howe & Neil Zaza?

My name is "X" & I went to the Winter NAMM show.......

Click here if you want to see my adventure........:hbang:

Carvin.com BBS :: View topic - Welcome to the Kiesel NAMM Show - 2015 (X)

As many of you guys already know, Carvin brought THE HEAT this year & they totally OWNED the 2015 show!

Peace! X-Mann (aka Chen)

Chen, I've been following your thread over at the bbs and I loved it! I basically went to X-NAMM!

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing is I'm not sure that I want that trem. I've already got a strat with H/S/S pups that stays in tune really well. Of course it's not quite the looker that is! Stunning looks.

')