The Carvin / Kiesel thread

  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuglue

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2010
Messages
1,567
Reaction score
97
Location
W Yorkshire
Carvin question, I recently acquired my first DC700 and have to say i love the neck, very flat radius and really easy to play. Not quite the same feel as my Ibanez in terms of the neck shape but still a great player.
The downside, I bought a set of dimarzio replacement pickups not realising that the pickup cavity for the carvin isn't a standard size. The carvin pickups measure 33mm wide whereas the Dimarzio's are 36mm. Do any of the pickup manufacturers make pickups that fit the Carvin cavity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
563
Location
Astana.kz
New Carvins have an industry standard pickup routes (Starting from 2013 or so, IIRC), so if your Carvin is new one, DiMarzios will fit, but if it's used/build before the routes were changed, then you'll have to do some routing on guitar or file down pickup base plates to fit them in. I think there's no aftermarket pickups that will fit without doing that on older Carvins.

Louis Cypher

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
3,632
Reaction score
3,443
Location
UK
Update for UK (and I guess EU) buyers
I asked about ordering the JB24 Numbers guitar....