The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ferret

Reaction score
20:17 on that video... omg... AC375 with custom wood carving... What WHAT WHAT.

mniel8195

Reaction score
i love it when jeff tells me what i dont want...I have had two plek guitar and they are awesome.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Question for guys who have ordered from Carvin- when they ship, do they usually require a signature upon delivery? If so, can it be a relative signing for it, or is only the person who's name is on the box who can sign?

Thanks

PERP

Reaction score
Mine should be shipped by the end of the week. Here's an up to date picture, as of Friday the 18th.

Forgot to post this after I got it but here she is. Such a phenomenal guitar! Lace Deathbucker in the bridge and Alumitone in the neck.

Attachments

• Carvin Baby.jpg
    Carvin Baby.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 147

BScookies

Bath Salt Miner
Reaction score
Question for guys who have ordered from Carvin- when they ship, do they usually require a signature upon delivery? If so, can it be a relative signing for it, or is only the person who's name is on the box who can sign?

Thanks

They usually do require a signature. I don't think it matters who signs, just so long as someone is there.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
They usually do require a signature. I don't think it matters who signs, just so long as someone is there.

Yeah, I've never looked into who delivers for carvin (ups, fedex, etc) but typically just so long as someone is there to accept the package you should be good. I've had neighbors sign for packages when I wasn't home. They usually leave an indication on where they left it and who signed. (Ie: signed be female, left at side door, left on porch, etc.)

I'd try to make sure someone reliable is home to sign for it though. I've had them leave packages with neighbors I didn't even know when I lived in an apartment. Your bf/gf, mom, dad, brother, sister, whatever will all be acceptable.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys, as long as it doesn't have to be me signing, everything is cool.

aciek_l

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about getting used Carvin DC127. Here are some pics: Carvin DC 127 SH-1 SH-4 Sperzel (5110846133) - Allegro.pl - Wi
I can have it for about $750 with shipping and case. Ebony fretboard and alder body and neck.
Condition is quite good, frets were leveled about year ago, but since then the guitar wasn't played much. My only concern is that if I will like it, I will need to sell my Gibson LP Studio... But it isn't hard to find used LP, and now I'm just curious about Carvins and I'm want to try one. :> I wan't something quite versatile for E and DropD tuning with nice cleans, but also for stuff like Iron Maiden. (I have RGA321 for heavier stuff ;) )
So, is it worth 750 bucks? (in Europe/Poland guitars are a bit more expensive than in USA)

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
It wouldn't feel anything like a LP, that's for sure. The pickups might not be the best suited for what you are after, though, but it depends on what models are in there. My Carvin sounds amazing when clean, I've just had to struggle a bit to find pups that would deliver the gain tones I want. I would say it should be comforatable. The thin neck profile and flat fretboard on my 727 makes it a very comforatable guitar (I am used to Gibson's, so I can say I wasn't turned off by anything on the Carvin when coming from Epi's and Gibson's.)

I would say it is worth it, but I have been wanting a 127 for quite some time!!

aciek_l

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! Pickups can always be changed if I didn't like them, so that's not an issue. :)
I need to do some more research, but all in all I think I will give it a try. Well, I can always send it to someone else later. ;)

ferret

Reaction score
Always an up-charge. Clear versus stained is same price.

jerm

Reaction score
If you're getting a figured maple top you should just go all out and get the stain that you want

soliloquy

Reaction score
And how much is the upcharge for the quilt? Is it a second upcharge for the stain as well? Or am I completely wrong?

getting a quilt on the guitar is not an upcharge.
having it finished is an upcharge.

ie, if you order any flame or quilt or plain maple, it wont charge you anything extra for the guitar. but to stain it (even if its clear coat, its DTS-deep triple set clear) there is an upcharge. it really depends on the model of how much you'll be charge. to stain quilt maple, it will cost you ~$150-400 (model depending).

now certain finishes are option-50 (not on their website, but can be ordered via phone) may have a higher upcharge. if i'm not mistaken, faded denim blue costs $100+ the standard charge of stain. white-wash may cost more. picture request of a certain finish may also cost more, and cost you the 10 day return policy.

hope that helps

ferret

Reaction score
It depends on the model. The standard thickness, for models like SCB and DC, costs $400. It's $400 whether you keep it clear or do a stain like Aqua Burst or Nightburst. The way the builder is setup up, the wood choice and the stain are a single option, such as "Clear Quilt" or "Aqua Burst Quilt". Those options are $400.

For the CT6/CS6, they have a thicker top, but come standard with flamed maple. It's $300 to move from flamed to quilted.

This only applies to standard builder stains. Trans-white and trans-black are call-in only options, and cost $200 ($600 total) and $100 ($500 total) respectively. Faded denims are also call-in only, but I don't know the exact cost.

')