The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Got word from the chris yesterday on the status of my JB24

Its awaiting pups from seymour duncan then its good to go

In the words of the spray booth guy it "hurts to look at"

Promising to hear, the disgusting 1980s hot pink numbers guitar is coming to life :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
I'm having the most uncomfortable level of GAS for the GH24 model, yikes.

Does anyone know if it's possible to order one with a direct mount bridge pickup, abalone dot inlays and a single volume knob w/ treble bleed? If so, I'm ....ed. :lol:

pott

Reaction score
I'm having a (so far) harmless GAS attack for a Vader and have a few questions:

1) For the price of a new one (including import taxes etc...) I could get 2 x second hand MusicMan, or a second hand PRS Custom for example. Does the quality compare overall? BUILD QUALITY ONLY of course, since these are all very different guitars.
2) From what I can tell the neck has fairly inoffensive specs, which I like (42.5mm nut-width, and ~20mm at first fret). What's the carve light?
3) I only just noticed... is it only available neck-through? That's a total deal killer for me :(
4) ... nope, that's all I had!

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I'm having a (so far) harmless GAS attack for a Vader and have a few questions:

1) For the price of a new one (including import taxes etc...) I could get 2 x second hand MusicMan, or a second hand PRS Custom for example. Does the quality compare overall? BUILD QUALITY ONLY of course, since these are all very different guitars.
2) From what I can tell the neck has fairly inoffensive specs, which I like (42.5mm nut-width, and ~20mm at first fret). What's the carve light?
3) I only just noticed... is it only available neck-through? That's a total deal killer for me :(
4) ... nope, that's all I had!

Quality is definitely up there, they also have a few different neck profiles to fit exactly what you're looking for.

Vader is only neck through, correct. I also would prefer something different like bolt-on but you cant win em all :lol:

Shask

Reaction score
I have noticed almost every neck is listed as having a 1.69" nut width. Do they make any narrower necks?

What is the neck shape like overall? I have read similar to a Jackson SL2H. EDIT: In general, on all their guitars.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I dont think they make wider/narrower necks but they do have quite a few radius options as well as thin/fat/regular neck profiles available.

goose_78

Reaction score
Here's my carvin! From what I can gather it was one of their bolt kits. These aren't really your typical kit guitars though. Really great quality components. Whoever put this one together really knew there stuff and it's pretty much effortless to play.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 82

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Here's my carvin! From what I can gather it was one of their bolt kits. These aren't really your typical kit guitars though. Really great quality components. Whoever put this one together really knew there stuff and it's pretty much effortless to play.

As I understand it, their kits are basically just unfinished guitars. They're not the typical sweat shop produced garbage hunks of wood with poorly measured holes that kits are normally made of.

essentially if you slapped it all together out of the box and did a setup, you'd have a quality enough guitar. I want one just because I like custom things, and being in charge of finishing is always nice. I might order one for Christmas.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Just put in my order for a DC7X :yesway: :D

Specs:
DC7X 7-STRING 27" SCALE PASSIVE 1 _____ _____ 999.00 999.00

NWAL WALNUT NECK/BODY SIDES 1 _____ _____ 100.00 100.00

MT MAPLE TOP 1 _____ _____ 120.00 120.00

SFG SURF GREEN 1 _____ _____ .00 .00

BBE NATURAL BODY BINDING EFFEC 1 _____ _____ 80.00 80.00

CS CLEAR SATIN MATTE FINISH 1 _____ _____ .00 .00

RNC REAR BODY/NECK NATURAL CLE 1 _____ _____ 50.00 50.00

TN TUNG OIL FINISH BACK OF NE 1 _____ _____ 60.00 60.00

BMF BIRDSEYE MAPLE FRETBOARD 1 _____ _____ 30.00 30.00

ABD ABALONE DOT INLAYS 1 _____ _____ 20.00 20.00

STJF STAINLESS STEEL JUMBO FRET 1 _____ _____ 40.00 40.00

50 no tone,vol in tone positi 1 _____ _____ 100.00 100.00

BC BLACK CHROME PLATED HARDWA 1 _____ _____ 30.00 30.00

7SHR 7 S REVERSE STD HEADSTOCK 1 _____ _____ 30.00 30.00

DSLB DROP SHADOW LOGO BLACK 1 _____ _____ 20.00 20.00

WPB WHITE PEARLIOD TUNER BUTTO 1 _____ _____ 15.00 15.00

IVN IVORY GRAPH TECH TUSQ NUT 1 _____ _____ 5.00 5.00

SC10 ULTIMATE SOFT GUITAR CASE 1 _____ _____ 60.00 60.00

ANY GUITAR WITH 50 OPTION IS NON-REFUNDABLE

NO 10 DAY TRIAL - NO RETURN - NO EXCHANGE

OPTDISC-100 -100.00 PROMO FOR OPTION D 1 _____ _____ 100.00- 100.00-

-------------

NET ORDER: 1,659.00

YOUR SALESPERSON IS KEITH IGHNER

FREIGHT: 29.00

SALES TAX: .00

-------------

ORDER TOTAL: 1,688.00

Excitement! This is my second Carvin, and my first time having any option 50's. I'm expecting it to be extremely sexy :) Not enough surf green or standard reverse 7 headstocks out there IMO

ferret

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1578412785775351

Q&A Part 8, 2:40 mark, lefty models for V220, X220, Ultra V confirmed. V220 and Ultra V apparently ready to go.

7:00 minute mark, the question is asked again, Jeff mentions that there will be an extra charge due to having to special order left handed cases though.

rapterr15

Reaction score
I just placed an order for an HH2 today. I'm super stoked.

Specs:

Stock woods (Alder/Birch top)
Transluscent Aquaburst finish with gloss finish
Tung oiled 1 piece maple neck.
Stainless steel jumbo frets
Abalone dots
White pickups
Push/pull coil splitter

Total price with shipping was just above $1.4k

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
7:00 minute mark, the question is asked again, Jeff mentions that there will be an extra charge due to having to special order left handed cases though.

Seems fair enough, those aren't exactly a superstrat or anything where flipping the body in a generic-sized case would work, eh? :lol: If people are actually going to buy them, I would think the slight up-charge on the cases wouldn't be a deal-breaker since they're giving them the models they've asked for and said they would buy. :yesway:

ferret

Reaction score
Seems fair enough, those aren't exactly a superstrat or anything where flipping the body in a generic-sized case would work, eh? :lol: If people are actually going to buy them, I would think the slight up-charge on the cases wouldn't be a deal-breaker since they're giving them the models they've asked for and said they would buy. :yesway:

A quick read of the CarvinBBS this morning, looks like at least 4 orders already placed :p

Latest posts

')