The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
A quick read of the CarvinBBS this morning, looks like at least 4 orders already placed :p

Yeah that's what I was saying. I would think something as small as having to pay for the case wouldn't be enough to deter them since they're getting what they wanted. :D

Wait, how do you get those option 50s?

You have to call in to speak to a sales associate/customer service rep. You can't custom order anything that's not in the builder on the site, so that leaves a LOT of items you need to ask an actual person about over the phone. Even some standard items that aren't always option 50 require a phone call, so you're better off doing that. I highly recommend Chris Hong, I've bought from several gents at Carvin and while they've all been cool, Chris has been the best to date. :yesway:

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
Quick question...

I placed an order for a CS bass about two weeks ago and have yet to receive any info regarding estimated completion date or anything like that. I also checked a box to pay a 20% deposit and they still charged the full amount to my Carvin card. Should I have received some kind of heads up by now (like the infamous postcard) or are they working on it and I should just sit tight and stop being impatient?

ferret

Reaction score
Quick question...

I placed an order for a CS bass about two weeks ago and have yet to receive any info regarding estimated completion date or anything like that. I also checked a box to pay a 20% deposit and they still charged the full amount to my Carvin card. Should I have received some kind of heads up by now (like the infamous postcard) or are they working on it and I should just sit tight and stop being impatient?

The infamous postcard is discontinued. Typically, unless you call in to try to get a status, your only indications of process now is seeing the remainder of your build appear on your credit card, or receiving the shipping notification.

I cannot comment on the 20% deposit checkbox resulting in full charge, I would call in about that if its an issue. It might be different when using their Carvin card though.

Econ

Reaction score
My Vader 6 string. Still not sold on the Kiesel pickups. I'm considering replacing these with a SD Distortion/59 combo or maybe a Pegasus/Sentient combo (not sure if this combo is good for 80's hard rock/metal).

lewstherin006

Reaction score
My Vader 6 string. Still not sold on the Kiesel pickups. I'm considering replacing these with a SD Distortion/59 combo or maybe a Pegasus/Sentient combo (not sure if this combo is good for 80's hard rock/metal).

Awesome looking vader! Are the pups too hot for you? I actually really like them, but im starting to see I like hot pups a lot more than I thought I did.

mr coffee

Reaction score
That's really sharp - Keith told me the recent batch of walnut was looking super nice! Can't wait for my DC800....

-m

ke7mix

Reaction score
I've run into a dilemma with my DC400, its 8 months old. But I'm having a problem getting any good tones out of it. Through my bandmate's 6534+ boosted it still sounds muddy and boomy, even with fresh strings and some bass rolled out with the active bass control. I have played a few other DC400's and they don't seem to have this problem, and my 80's DC135 sounds great so what am I missing? I tried a bridge pickup swap to a Dimarzio Titan but it Didn't do much good.

pott

Reaction score
How does it sound acoustically?

The bigger the guitar company, the less time there is to select acoustically-sound (ha... ha...) woods. Quite simply, it could be that the guitar will always sound dull. Or as I wish for you, maybe swapping out the pots/electronics and try to regain some brightness will do it :)

mbardu

Reaction score
I've run into a dilemma with my DC400, its 8 months old. But I'm having a problem getting any good tones out of it. Through my bandmate's 6534+ boosted it still sounds muddy and boomy, even with fresh strings and some bass rolled out with the active bass control. I have played a few other DC400's and they don't seem to have this problem, and my 80's DC135 sounds great so what am I missing? I tried a bridge pickup swap to a Dimarzio Titan but it Didn't do much good.

If you open the electronics cavity, you should have a small pot that you can adjust for the electronics output level.
If it is at max, maybe that's why the guitar is too 'boomy' for your tastes?

Or maybe you don't get along with the active module? Are you sure the others you played were DC400 (e.g. with active electronics) and that the active electronics were engaged? Maybe you'd prefer a passive setup. Depending on the version of the DC400, removing the battery or pulling on the push pull can disengage the active mode (note that this doesn't work for all versions - for instance doesn't work on piezo versions).

That said, if you have a problem with 'boomy', I wouldn't exactly advise for a Titan, that's only going to amplify the problem :)

jerm

Reaction score
check all the wiring/pots and everything.

littleredguitars2

green canaries
Reaction score
That lack of curve on the tops is very unappealing to me . I'd end up getting a solid color to cover the whole thing if this was my other option

mr coffee

Reaction score

I haven't had the chance to play through a 6534+ but from what I've gathered from guys whose ears I trust, it's a much warmer and spongier amp than the 6505+, which to me would not seem to be the best option for a guitar that already comes off as muddy and boomy.

-m

MikeSD

Reaction score
My first Carvin....but not my last Kiesel/Carvin. There will be more! If you like it, here are more pics, if you missed that thread. http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/st...-ngd-carvin-cs6m-option-50-a.html#post4363182

17152934799_34fcaeecf3_b.jpg

Carvin CS6m Custom Guitar by Mike Murad, on Flickrhttp://www.sevenstring.org//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

ke7mix

Reaction score
I bypassed the Active Electronics and it helped a little. Is there an internal pot for output?

mbardu

Reaction score
I bypassed the Active Electronics and it helped a little. Is there an internal pot for output?

Yes there should be a small head in the form of a cross that you can adjust with a small screwdriver. It adjusts the gain. Usually white or blue colored.

MrYakob

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can opt 50 solid colour finishes? I'm gassing so hard for a vader 6 with a purple sparkle finish along the lines of the Blue Mist metallic. :yum:

')