The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

I just noticed that you have a sweet asymmetric pointy Flying V if you cut off those upper bout horns. For the guys begging for a 7 sting point V (aka FlyingV on the carvin bbs (I can't remember his name on here)), that would seem like it's possibly right around the corner. Lots of CNC work to be done, but at least some of the stuff is already there.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
I had to come here to say that the model builder on Carvinguitars.com has been taking way too much of my time lately. Anyone else noticed that even though you know what you like you still have problems with the sheer scope of options. :lol:

I've pretty much been playing with the HH1 builder the most, though. I've got enough strats/superstrats already, hmmm...

mbardu

Reaction score
I had to come here to say that the model builder on Carvinguitars.com has been taking way too much of my time lately. Anyone else noticed that even though you know what you like you still have problems with the sheer scope of options. :lol:

I've pretty much been playing with the HH1 builder the most, though. I've got enough strats/superstrats already, hmmm...

Any reason for HH vs a Vader ?
Is it because there are so many Vaders around already?

I was wondering if the Vaders would cannibalize the holdsworth sales, or if on the other end they would bring more people to headless with their halo effect.

electriceye

Reaction score
Never likes the X220 at all. Too goofy of a shape. Surprised they bothered to bring it back. If the demand is there, then good for them. I'm still gunning for a Howe.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Any reason for HH vs a Vader ?
Is it because there are so many Vaders around already?

I was wondering if the Vaders would cannibalize the holdsworth sales, or if on the other end they would bring more people to headless with their halo effect.

The HH model is simply more appealing to me (visually + the super compact size also). I've actually had GAS for the HH model even before the Vaders were announced and their appearance didn't change my preference. :)

Nothing wrong with the Vader model, though. I hope they sell well and Carvin gets to do more new things (which IMO they seem to do nowadays pretty well).

Omzig

Reaction score
I just noticed that you have a sweet asymmetric pointy Flying V if you cut off those upper bout horns. For the guys begging for a 7 sting point V (aka FlyingV on the carvin bbs (I can't remember his name on here)), that would seem like it's possibly right around the corner. Lots of CNC work to be done, but at least some of the stuff is already there.

Nice idea....5min PS inverted + V hack up re-colour

Carvin_V.jpg

curlyvice

Reaction score
I could see a lot of people around here buying that V. Personally I would love a symmetrical, rounded V but I'm sure the masses would appreciate a pointy Carvin 7-string V.

mr coffee

Reaction score
That just confirms what I saw in my head - Carvin had it upside down this whole time. I understand the balance thing, but sometimes we make sacrifices in comfort for the sake of aesthetics.

-m

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
The $10K pricetag is like a baby gate, keeping that thing out of the hands of us knuckledraggers. You should only be able to buy that thing if you have $10K to burn. It's just too fogging pretty to play. It should be locked up in a glass case, whose environment is maintained electronically.

I want that pink one, doe. Hawt.

ferret

Reaction score
Grabbed something from the GIS tonight... :) NGD hopefully by end of the week. I'm back to playing a 7!

mr coffee

Reaction score
Talked to Keith today. They installed nickel frets instead of stainless as ordered and needed to see if I wanted it redone or if nickel was okay. I told him I've got guitars with nickel frets that have been around since the early '80s and they're still playable, so yeah, no big. Estimated completion date was the 17th, he said it will probably be sooner! Excited excited excited excited!!!

-m

')