The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbardu

Reaction score
Talked to Keith today. They installed nickel frets instead of stainless as ordered and needed to see if I wanted it redone or if nickel was okay. I told him I've got guitars with nickel frets that have been around since the early '80s and they're still playable, so yeah, no big. Estimated completion date was the 17th, he said it will probably be sooner! Excited excited excited excited!!!

-m

Get them to at least refund you the cost of stainless if not a tad more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NeubyWanKaneuby

Reaction score
This is my AC375. It's plain, but I like it.

carvinac375_zps3a2f295f.jpg

mr coffee

Reaction score
Get them to at least refund you the cost of stainless if not a tad more.

Oh, I thought that was a given. Yeah, they're refunding the cost of the stainless.

Waaaaaaaaaaaalnuuuuuuuuuut........

-m

fr4nci2c0

Reaction score
Hey guys I own a Carvin HH2 and went to a friend's house who owns a USA PRS Custom 24. I compared the two side by side. Tonally the prs seemd more modern vintage sounding I thought the cleans sounded great. When driven through a jcm 2000 super lead into a mesa 4x12 still sounded really good, but not modern metal sounding. The timbre of the HH2 is unique. It is very clear and the open strings ring out brighter (than any guitar not just copared to this PRS). I think the 0 fret and no headstock really benefits the sound of the guitar. Now the feel of the PRS and the HH2 are way different. Custom 24 was thinner not like an ibanez s guitar but less than an RG maybe like an RGD. I thought the prs body shape was comfortable. The neck was thin and wide. Thinner than the HH2 and thicker than a wizard ii neck. Fret access was good on the cu24. The neck was glossed, which I do not prefer. The HH2 is very different feeling than any guitar with a headstock. Much lighter and balanced. The instrument seems to be slightly smaller feeling. The neck is not thin. It is a litter thicker than the neck of the jackson DK2M. The fret access is good. Hear is the rub. The HH2's pickups and construction create a unique timbre, which makes it hang with lots of expensive guitars. I would assume a mayones or daemoness would give the HH2 a run for its money. BUT in this case I was comparing the guitar to this cu24. I feel like its cheating having the HH2. Someday there needs to be a HH2 7 string!!

shpence

Reaction score
Hey guys I own a Carvin HH2 and went to a friend's house who owns a USA PRS Custom 24. I compared the two side by side. Tonally the prs seemd more modern vintage sounding I thought the cleans sounded great. When driven through a jcm 2000 super lead into a mesa 4x12 still sounded really good, but not modern metal sounding. The timbre of the HH2 is unique. It is very clear and the open strings ring out brighter (than any guitar not just copared to this PRS). I think the 0 fret and no headstock really benefits the sound of the guitar. Now the feel of the PRS and the HH2 are way different. Custom 24 was thinner not like an ibanez s guitar but less than an RG maybe like an RGD. I thought the prs body shape was comfortable. The neck was thin and wide. Thinner than the HH2 and thicker than a wizard ii neck. Fret access was good on the cu24. The neck was glossed, which I do not prefer. The HH2 is very different feeling than any guitar with a headstock. Much lighter and balanced. The instrument seems to be slightly smaller feeling. The neck is not thin. It is a litter thicker than the neck of the jackson DK2M. The fret access is good. Hear is the rub. The HH2's pickups and construction create a unique timbre, which makes it hang with lots of expensive guitars. I would assume a mayones or daemoness would give the HH2 a run for its money. BUT in this case I was comparing the guitar to this cu24. I feel like its cheating having the HH2. Someday there needs to be a HH2 7 string!!

There is this: V7 KIESEL VADER SEVEN STRING HEADLESS ELECTRIC GUITAR | CarvinGuitars.com

I have a HH2 with a set of Juggernaut pickups in it and it was a huge step up from the H22T/H22N standard set. It took a while to get used to the headless aspect of it but now it feels strange when I play a normal 6-string.

TheUnvanquished

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. Just wondering if there were any ultra v owners here on sevenstring.org? Thinking about going with a v for my first Carvin. I'm not sure though. I love my cheap jackson rhoads and would love to customize one (albeit one with a body that is reversed) and was just hoping to find some inspiration outside of the few V's shown on Carvin's website under their guitar gallery.

mr coffee

Reaction score
Got the email today, my DC800 is complete - never saw pics unfortunately. Tomorrow I'll move some funds around and pay out the balance.

-m

rapterr15

Reaction score
I have a HH2 with a set of Juggernaut pickups in it and it was a huge step up from the H22T/H22N standard set. It took a while to get used to the headless aspect of it but now it feels strange when I play a normal 6-string.

Hey man, I've got an HH2 on the way, and was wondering if you could comment on the stock H22 pickups. Did you not like them or you were just itching for something different so you swapped em? I've heard they are pretty good pickups, but what do you like more about the juggs? Did you have to do any routing to get the BKP's in or was it a simple swap?

shpence

Reaction score
Hey man, I've got an HH2 on the way, and was wondering if you could comment on the stock H22 pickups. Did you not like them or you were just itching for something different so you swapped em? I've heard they are pretty good pickups, but what do you like more about the juggs? Did you have to do any routing to get the BKP's in or was it a simple swap?

I just love BKPs and wanted Juggernauts. The stock pickups were actually pretty good. You'd have to look up the specs but I remember them being a little hotter than I expected.

I had a tech put in the BKPs and he said the swap wasn't too bad, aside from having to put in after-market pickup rings due to the Carvins having 3 holes on each side, instead of the usual 2.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity - is the floyd that carvin uses a US one or an import (1000/2000-series etc.)? I know they state it's an "original floyd rose", but nowadays that can mean different things.

kuma

Reaction score
The 6 string Floyds should be a German-made OFR. However, if you're buying used, be aware the was a period where they were having trouble getting the German OFRs shipped, and quietly sent some guitars out with Korean-made Floyds. If it's important to you, be sure to check.

I'm not certain about the 7-string Floyds, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can comment on that. :)

mbardu

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity - is the floyd that carvin uses a US one or an import (1000/2000-series etc.)? I know they state it's an "original floyd rose", but nowadays that can mean different things.

On current new guitars, the 6-string are the made in Germany one, while the 7-string are the made in Korea ones.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Thanks, that's good to know about the new ones. Not really worried about used specs. ;)

12enoB

It's Boner Backwards
Reaction score
v5A387n.jpg

Getting my guitar this weekend. Showed up in the pictures on the Kiesel Facebook today!

')