The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I like it, and think more people will like it once we see NGD's with it. Full view pics would help a bit too, imo.

Agreed. Apparently Jeff posted this recently:

11825174_718887898233046_1390034836200441857_n.jpg

I was interested to see those Vader-esque bevels on a guitar with a headstock. I wonder if this was just an experiment or one-off, or if it's a sign of things to come.

ferret

Reaction score
Agreed. Apparently Jeff posted this recently:

11825174_718887898233046_1390034836200441857_n.jpg

I was interested to see those Vader-esque bevels on a guitar with a headstock. I wonder if this was just an experiment or one-off, or if it's a sign of things to come.

Jeff refers to this as a "K" model, and has been building them for several months now. It's a call in only deal, they are DC series based and he hand bevels them.

I don't know why they don't just program it and make it an official model, other than the obvious of charging a premium for it.

nicktao

Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is, but that carved DC just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's the fatter looking body, similar to the DC127. It might look better as a carved DCX7 with similar bevels.

electriceye

Reaction score
It looks EXACTLY like the Dean inline HS. Not sure why they'd do that when they already had their own (sort of) distinct shape.

Ferro

Reaction score
I quiet like it but it looks a bit too "fat" or big in my opinion. I'd have done it a bit more sleek, probably because I'm used to Blackmachine/Skervesen's reverse design

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
It looks EXACTLY like the Dean inline HS. Not sure why they'd do that when they already had their own (sort of) distinct shape.

Really? I think it fits right in with their 3+3, 4+3, and 4+4 pointed headstocks, as well as the XCCELERATOR series. They all have the same design motif: 4 points connected by concave lines with pretty straight pull through.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
I know this is in the standard section, but I want to show you guys my demo. I figured it would be a good way to get our minds off "headstockgate" :lol: I am really loving the new pickups

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I quiet like it but it looks a bit too "fat" or big in my opinion. I'd have done it a bit more sleek, probably because I'm used to Blackmachine/Skervesen's reverse design

See, I thought the opposite. The 7-string looks a bit too svelte for my tastes, and I think the 6-string is much better proportioned. I don't care for the Blackmachine/Skervesen headstocks.

TheDraeg

Reaction score
Hey guys, question for you:
Will Carvin install aftermarket pickups in your custom build if you send the pickups to them first?

ferret

Reaction score
Will Carvin install aftermarket pickups in your custom build if you send the pickups to them first?

Yes, but they have to fit the routes. Call them up, they'll tell you what will fit, etc. I can recall that covered BKPs do NOT fit though.

Toejam

Reaction score

Yes. I got my 8-string a year ago before they had their own passive pickups. I was told to get whatever I wanted and they'd route for it. I debated a DiMarzio D-Activator or Duncan Nazgul. I went with the Nazgul and sent that in.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
With the not at all recent realization that a Private stock PRS is out of the question for me, I have been weighing whether or not to get a Carvin or just get a floyded Custom 24. I really want more than a stock production guitar, though. So this is the idea I have for a CT624

ay3boIh.png

Would have a Black Limba back and neck with tung oil finish on the neck. Headstock would also be more of a burst than a fade. Probably going to be around a year before I even have the cash, sadly.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
CU 24s aren't that expensive if you go used. I've seen some go for ~1300-1500 on eBay.
I'm aware, but I was talking that I wouldn't be able to afford private stock. lol
I will likely go used, though I'm super picky about the color, Also finding one with the 5 way blade switch is a must, I can't do the old knob style pickup switch. Not to mention that I would highly prefer a Floyd. Though if the top is nice enough, I can look past that. so that narrows the search even more. We'll see what happens.:yesway:

')