The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ferret

Reaction score
Proper NGD when I have some sunlight for photos, pouring rain right now:

20150922_114747_zpst3j5vxte.jpg

20150922_114756_zpsgmmhhciu.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex6534

Reaction score
Sample of my DC700 with stock D26 pickups through my Kemper, using Driftwood profiles but M.Britt: [SC]https://soundcloud.com/alex6534/kemper-m-britt-driftwood-purple-nightmare-demo[/SC]

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Hey people, does anyone know if the 20" radius is available on the Bolt Classic (as an option 50, I'd assume).

I sent a mail to Carvin about it, but I'd imagine they're pretty busy with NAMM coming up etc. :)

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Considering the Greg Howe model is a Bolt with 20" radius, they should be able to accommodate you - Provided the specified bridge saddles have adjustable height.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Just give them a call if you haven't heard anything, Kieth and Chris are who I work with the most and definitely have a yes attitude.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Yep, they answered already - that post was a bit hasty on my part, but what can you do when you have GAS. :D

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I hate to stir anything up (especially on their official forum) and didn't think it warranted a whole new thread, but...

What's Mark's role in the company these days?

Most of the innovations and new options/models seem to have been brought to us by Jeff.

However, Mark brought us the CT, the SH550/FG1, the HH2, etc etc etc etc. I hope his eye for design, balance, proportion and detail don't take a back-burner. I loved the Carvin/Kiesel take on the Jazz Bass with the JB, which I believe was still under his watch. While the Kiesel Lithium pickups seem well-received, I wish there to be continuing development in non-modern-sounding pickups.

Nothing against Jeff, it's just that I hope the entire focus of the company doesn't go after chasing the metal market. And perhaps Mark is backing off and looking towards retiring...and if that's true, I hope jeff's vision includes those of us who have wants and needs that differ from players like those from Falluja and August Burns Red.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, Mark is still designing/winding pickups, including the new Holdsworths.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I have seen the Aries fanned on the website. How hard is it to adjust to playing a fanned instrument?

Jayd41

Reaction score
I have seen the Aries fanned on the website. How hard is it to adjust to playing a fanned instrument?

It's not.
Seriously.
5 minutes with one and you'll be wondering why it's taken so long to gain popularity.

ferret

Reaction score
Rosewood necks are reported as being available at a $300 upcharge per Chris. Not sure how much availability there is.

12342795_775956682526167_1530882476013000015_n.jpg

mbardu

Reaction score
If you look at all the Instagram pictures of namm, you will only see kiesel branding, and only see kiesel Guitars.

No carvin name to be seen... And no carvin models either.
At least yet.

Might be nothing, but my post was silenced/censored on the other forum so maybe not nothing :lol:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
If you look at all the Instagram pictures of namm, you will only see kiesel branding, and only see kiesel Guitars.

No carvin name to be seen... And no carvin models either.
At least yet.

Might be nothing, but my post was silenced/censored on the other forum so maybe not nothing :lol:

The Jason Becker 7 string model (brand new 2016 model) is branded with Carvin.. so there's that. I get what you mean though, none of the signage says Carvin anywhere. I think we all know eventually Jeff wants to phase out the Carvin name.. but I know my next 2 or 3 guitars will be Carvin branded, with maybe the exception being if any kinda fanned fret Vader's come out and I have no choice.

')