The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Abalone inlanys, Jumbo stainless frets, pointed reverse angled headstock.

Ahh, OK. Since jumbo stainless frets are now the same price as medium jumbo that wouldn't change it, and I called out the abalone up top so that added $30, and the reverse pointy is the same price as the headstock I used.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
For the record Meestursparkle is legit, bought two guitars off him. Best packaging in the business, too.

He's got nothing listed on eBay at the moment and hasn't had for a while. Not sure if he's still in the game.

The last page and a half are the funniest plot twist ever. Mattias has gone full tsundere!

I'm finding this far funnier than I should xD

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Guess everyone skipped over the part where i said I might have a chance at a V220 from the first couple years it was made, and I'm gearing towards going after that and not some new Kiesel.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m a HUGE fan of Japan. In no small part because a lot of things are opposite of the US.

Here’s a curious on-topic question for anyone in the know: why is hot pink not a standard paint color? It’s a translucent stain option, but the only pink paint color is the soft bubblegum pink. It’s still an option 50, as far as I can tell, yet it’s hugely popular as an option (based on NGDs with it).

spudmunkey

Reaction score
It may eventually. That new Tropic color was a custom request so popular they made it a standard option. They've done that going all the way back to Dragonburst, too.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m a HUGE fan of Japan. In no small part because a lot of things are opposite of the US.

Here’s a curious on-topic question for anyone in the know: why is hot pink not a standard paint color? It’s a translucent stain option, but the only pink paint color is the soft bubblegum pink. It’s still an option 50, as far as I can tell, yet it’s hugely popular as an option (based on NGDs with it).

I thought it was a standard option. I remember some time ago Jeff announced it as a new color on a livestream.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure it is, their website just isn't updated fully yet. There are a few colors that have no been added yet like tropic blue and aurora blue.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
That's really cool to be honest. Out curiosity, what do you do for work?

I have been a stereotypical teacher for the whole time, but hopefully this year I'll get my permanent residency and I can find something better (working visa restrictions prevent me from doing anything normal).

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I have been a stereotypical teacher for the whole time, but hopefully this year I'll get my permanent residency and I can find something better (working visa restrictions prevent me from doing anything normal).
Ahh nice. I feel like that's what most Americans/foreigners do in Japan.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Well good luck to you man! I'd love to do what you're doing.

It has it's ups and downs, especially when you know the teaching industry in Japan is always looking for "young" people, not older people like me. Lots of age discrimination, especially among foreigners. Of course, there's a dark underbelly to everything in life, so take that how you will.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is, their website just isn't updated fully yet. There are a few colors that have no been added yet like tropic blue and aurora blue.

And Daisy, and Graphite, and Scarlet, and Black-Out Ash, and Whiskey even though they forgot they already had a finish called Whiskey...which also wasn't on line...and Summer ash, and...Primer Gray... not to mention there's apparently an "acoustic" finish that is a $50 option on the Zeus Acoustic...which isn't even online yet.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
And Daisy, and Graphite, and Scarlet, and Black-Out Ash, and Whiskey even though they forgot they already had a finish called Whiskey...which also wasn't on line...and Summer ash, and...Primer Gray... not to mention there's apparently an "acoustic" finish that is a $50 option on the Zeus Acoustic...which isn't even online yet.
Yeah it really annoys me that their website is not updated. They literally have a guy hired to run the site and he does nothing. Everytime someone brings it up to Jeff on the Q&A he just says "I keep telling my guy to update it, but he just hasn't gotten around to it" Seriously? What the hell do you hire him for then? Poor management by Jeff on the website.

')