The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coupe89

Reaction score
At 44:30 does he bang the two guitars together when putting the black one back and before holding them both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cynicanal

Reaction score
There was briefly a user here with the username "Jeff Kiesel" who posted that.

Vede

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the real Jeff Kiesel actually said that.

Also, since I've actually owned high-end custom-shop-quality guitars from Suhr, PRS, McNaught, Mayones, Ibanez, Jackson, Charvel, Dean, Washburn, as well as Kiesel, I'm happy to report that the claim - whomever said it - is demonstrably false. Kiesel is right up there, at least in terms of what they're producing in 2018, which is what I've personally experienced. In my view, differences between brands at this level tend to be pretty subjective.

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Super Duper Moduraturr
Reaction score
Let me get this straight: Your objective claim - The day after buying a Kiesel - is that the subjective nature of the matter renders the less-flattering subjective claim “demonstrably false” - subjectively speaking -, because the other brands are not objectively better than the brand that does objectively bad things...that the other brands don’t do.

Last edited:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
All this talk stemming from that video, yet no one has pointed out Jeff's shirt design for the ultimate dickhead in your life:
km3-shirt.jpg

-JeKo-

Reaction score
Apparently Kiesel has started to ship completed guitars to the wrong customers. There have been at least two "incidents" in the past couple of weeks :cond:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently Kiesel has started to ship completed guitars to the wrong customers. There have been at least two "incidents" in the past couple of weeks :cond:

That happened a couple of times before, when it was still Carvin. To my knowledge they sent return labels the same day, inspected the guitars, shipped them to the proper owners with next-day and threw in some accessories and merch. This was something like 10 years ago.

As long as they make it right, this isn't too big of a deal. With the amount of guitars they ship, even if it's half as many as Jeff implies, it's bound to happen at least once or twice.

Someone probably just slapped the wrong shipping label on the boxes.

It's not like they shipped the guitars without nuts. :lol:

')