The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ferret

Reaction score
Any custom metallic paint is $300 up-charge. Not sure what the charge for non-metallic is, but sounds like you want a metallic anyways.

They won't do heavy flake metallics though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I love the "produced/on the edge of pop/really cool guitar/bass sound/lofi add-ons/minor key stuff like this :)

Also @ video: What's with the drummer? Is he bucking the trend? (like Frank Beard :lol: )

jeb

Reaction score
I've just ask for a quote for this!! can't wait to see how it will end!!

TL60
Fixed Bridge w/ Strings through Body
Maple neck /swamp ash body
Swamp ash top
ultra thin raw tone finish
Tung oil finish back of the neck
Reverse inline headstock
Maple fingerboard
Kiesel Lithium bridge and neck humbuckers
Cream/Black coils w/ black bezels

mbardu

Reaction score
What color? They can do it on bare wood, black, and they said they could do it on some other colors, but didn't inquire further.

I too am interested by which colors are available in "raw-tone"

No rush though...I'll wait for the 24-fret bolt-on for that one :)

Greenbrettiscool

Reaction score
Hey sorry to change the subject but I'm ordering a V6 tomarrow, I just wanted to know who out there has a 20" radius and would you recommend getting the option 50 Thin neck profile??? Haven't really found anything on people who have ordered a thinner neck with a 20" so I was just curious if it out make the neck alittle too thin or does the 20" feel pretty darn good by itself?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey sorry to change the subject but I'm ordering a V6 tomarrow, I just wanted to know who out there has a 20" radius and would you recommend getting the option 50 Thin neck profile??? Haven't really found anything on people who have ordered a thinner neck with a 20" so I was just curious if it out make the neck alittle too thin or does the 20" feel pretty darn good by itself?

My Vader 6 has a 20" radius and I love it. I prefer slightly thicker necks to thinner necks, but the stock carve on a Vader 6 with the 20" radius is perfect. I haven't played the Option 50 Thinner Neck carve on a 6'er so I am not sure how much thinner it is, but I would think if you get along with thinner necks already, the 20" radius won't make it play substantially different from a rounder radius on a skinny neck. Aren't you close to the factory? Maybe see if they have anything close to that combo at the showroom? :) I wouldn't sweat that combo though, I'm sure it's fine as long as you've played the thinner profile and liked it.

jeb

Reaction score
I too am interested by which colors are available in "raw-tone"

No rush though...I'll wait for the 24-fret bolt-on for that one :)

I asked for black! still waiting for the quote. Anyone know how long it takes to get a quote??

Greenbrettiscool

Reaction score
My Vader 6 has a 20" radius and I love it. I prefer slightly thicker necks to thinner necks, but the stock carve on a Vader 6 with the 20" radius is perfect. I haven't played the Option 50 Thinner Neck carve on a 6'er so I am not sure how much thinner it is, but I would think if you get along with thinner necks already, the 20" radius won't make it play substantially different from a rounder radius on a skinny neck. Aren't you close to the factory? Maybe see if they have anything close to that combo at the showroom? :) I wouldn't sweat that combo though, I'm sure it's fine as long as you've played the thinner profile and liked it.

Hey thanks for the info dude, yea I am headed over there after work today to finalize the order, the only V6 they have in there to try is the Lizard Burst one on the site, and I was told it is a 14" radius and has alittle thicket neck which I played and cramped my hand alittle, they do have a Lee McKinney axe in there with a 14" with the thinner neck that actually feels reeeeeally good, but I love 20" like on my V7 so I'm torn :/
But yea I'll probably have to just go in and try the closest thing to what I want and go from there like you said. Thanks tho man, if anyone else has any experience with a 20" with thinner neck please let me know how you like it, or if I should just get a 20" with no thin neck opt..

Greenbrettiscool

Reaction score
^ it's funny too cause I've ordered a ton from them but they have all been 7'a and 8's, I've never ordered a 6 string from Carvin so I don't really want to mess it up.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Their stock 6'er necks have always been very comfortable to me, not too thin and not too thick (holdsworth H2 necks are a bit on the fatter side but still very comfy), so I'm not sure I'd gel with an even thinner version but as long as it's not like original Wizard carve I'm sure it's probably cool. :yesway:

mbardu

Reaction score
Pointy carvins incoming! Both 6 and 7! Who wants em :)

YoI3G3L.jpg

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Wow...expected to see that price from a guitar peddler but not from Carvin/Kiesel themselves. Guitar doesn't seem 8k~ more expensive than any other carvin ive seen.

Axayacatl

Reaction score
They need to offer that in a reverse body style.

-m

Yes!

Man, shame on Kiesel trying to get $10k for this guitar:

https://reverb.com/item/732597-kies...e-insane-spec-d-8-string-eight-string-monster

Spec-wise this is... $3.5k?

10k + $50 shipping :lol:

Random question. I see a face in the quilt on the back of that guitar. I was wondering if one were to see a face on a 2-piece quilt top and a luthier or artist could use those outlines to draw the face (or any shape you see). I know Dylan at Deamoness uses the quilt or flame to texture a drawing (and it looks amazing) but here I mean basing the drawing on the quilt pattern. Kind of like finding shapes in the clouds. Would that be at all possible?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Random question. I see a face in the quilt on the back of that guitar. I was wondering if one were to see a face on a 2-piece quilt top and a luthier or artist could use those outlines to draw the face (or any shape you see). I know Dylan at Deamoness uses the quilt or flame to texture a drawing (and it looks amazing) but here I mean basing the drawing on the quilt pattern. Kind of like finding shapes in the clouds. Would that be at all possible?

Possible, but not advisable. You either paint a face around it, in which case you get a bad face, or you paint a face over it, in which case you didn't need the figuring to base it on. I can't see any appeal.

')