The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
1iGDiw1.png

Awesome move and all, but Jesus, that is some BEAUTIFUL woodgrain. :eek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
The infamous postcard is discontinued. Typically, unless you call in to try to get a status, your only indications of process now is seeing the remainder of your build appear on your credit card, or receiving the shipping notification.

I cannot comment on the 20% deposit checkbox resulting in full charge, I would call in about that if its an issue. It might be different when using their Carvin card though.

Just got the shipping notification. Inbound for this Saturday :hbang: hopefully it arrives before I have to work.

**EDIT: Specs.

Custom Shop Instrument Details:
Base Price: $ 1,099.00
XB75 - Extended Scale 5-String Bass
Right Handed
$ 40.00 - TQB - Translucent Aquaburst
$ 0.00 - -CG - Clear Gloss Finish (Standard)
$ 50.00 - WAL - Maple Neck & Walnut Body
$ 120.00 - 5MW - 5-Piece Maple Neck w/ 2 Walnut Stripes
$ 70.00 - CSN - Clear Satin Finish Back Of Neck (Natural Wood)
$ 0 .00 - -PH - Headstock To Match Body Finish (Standard)
$ 0.00 - -EF - Ebony Fingerboard (Standard)
$ 20.00 - ABD - Abalone Dot Inlays
$ 40.00 - STRF - Stainless Regular Frets .043" H .080" W
$ 0.00 - -R14 - 14in Fretboard Radius (Standard)
$ 30.00 - BC - Black Hardware
$ 20.00 - RH2 - 2 Radiused Humbucker Pickups
$ 0.00 - WL - White Logo
$ 0.00 - -5011 - Dunlop Super Bright Nickel Roundwound .040 .060 .080 .100 .120
$ 90.00 - HC8 - Black Tolex Hardshell Bass Case

I opted not to get a top because I'm actually a fan of how plain walnut looks in a neck-thru instrument. Pics once it arrives. Worst-case scenario it looks absolutely abominable and I eat the $60 shipping to return it...

**EDIT2: Just realized that this thread is in Standard Guitars. This is the Carvin thread, though, so whatever.

rapterr15

Reaction score
My guitar got posted to the Facebook page. I'm so f'in hyped right now. It's even more beautiful than I expected. From my e-mail correspondence with the sales rep, I actually wasn't expecting the new Holdsworth pickup to be installed, because he said only the new bridge pup was ready. I was told both pickups would be the H22's, so the mismatched coils threw me off, but it's all good. I'm pumped to hear the new Kiesel bridge pickup signed off by Allan.

17316_1601871713429458_1051985465099956048_n.jpg

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
My V7 shipped also last night. Only downside, I wont get it before Canada day (its supposed to arrive July 2nd) - so close to having a day off with my new guitar =[ Oh well, thats what weekend is for I suppose.

Garnoch

Reaction score
My newest Kiesel Edition is almost done. NGD will come at some point just like my others, but for now... Jeff Kiesel posted these on social media so they're low res, buy you'll get the gist.....

19175439365_ec338a7ef9_o.jpg

18949796129_44af52fa74_o.jpg

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
My V7 shipped also last night. Only downside, I wont get it before Canada day (its supposed to arrive July 2nd) - so close to having a day off with my new guitar =[ Oh well, thats what weekend is for I suppose.

I feel your pain :( the UPS site says the expected delivery for my guitar is Wednesday the 1st of July, and just my luck I have the two days before that off of work :wallbash:

Here's to hoping I can trade a shift or two around and get some quality alone time with my DC7X during the first few days with it :pray:

curlyvice

Reaction score
Let's all take a quick break from our Vader GAS and appreciate some of the other GAS inducing axes the guys at Kiesel/Carvin have been pumping out recently.

Q1Gq2MF.jpg

3L7dDQ4.jpg

Nts7VEO.jpg

s9XxCk5.jpg

OK that's enough, let's all return to drooling over Vaders.

KwGs6id.jpg

4uOKgAy.jpg

Q8znPpJ.jpg

Seventhwave

Reaction score
My newest Kiesel Edition is almost done. NGD will come at some point just like my others, but for now... Jeff Kiesel posted these on social media so they're low res, buy you'll get the gist.....

19175439365_ec338a7ef9_o.jpg

18949796129_44af52fa74_o.jpg

WOW.. looks great!

When is it due?

Garnoch

Reaction score
WOW.. looks great!

When is it due?

Thanks, can't wait. I'm told the low res pics suck, so can't wait to see some better ones and of course in person. With any luck, it will ship tomorrow and I'll have it next week.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
For any of you H22t fans, my latest email exchange still has no date set for availability of the new Holdsworth-approved Kiesel pickup. For the moment, the only way to get one is to have it included in a build, on a case-by-case basis.

Ajb667

Reaction score
I got in on the wired guitarist run for vaders, and it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my order :/
If my DC800 doesn't sell, I'm not going to be able to cover the cost now. I'm super crushed. I was really looking forward to it, and all these gorgeous Vader pics aren't helping lol

Jack Secret

Reaction score
I got in on the wired guitarist run for vaders, and it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my order :/
If my DC800 doesn't sell, I'm not going to be able to cover the cost now. I'm super crushed. I was really looking forward to it, and all these gorgeous Vader pics aren't helping lol

Hope you can do something to get it done. You forfeit your deposit if you cancel.

justinreagin

Reaction score
Had a Carvin for awhile and didn't bond with it, but still one of the best playing and most stable instruments I have owned!

mr coffee

Reaction score
Update on my DC800 - I've had my high E snap at the saddle three times in three rehearsals. The last time around, I looked a little closer and there is a visible burr on the saddle. I called this morning and Sam put me through to Albert, the guitar tech, who is sending out a replacement saddle. Talk about good customer service!!!

-m

')