The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

laxu

Reaction score
Much easier to just send people some saddles. It's not like they require much of a brain to install.

jeb

Reaction score
I just got my TL60!!! That guitar is 100% perfect!!! it plays like butter!! fit and finish are perfect! it sounds awesome( I choose the lithium pups) I wanted the best no frill without bling bling guitar. Can't be more happy!!

Attachments

• P3121767.jpg
    P3121767.jpg
    990.4 KB · Views: 70
  • P3121768.jpg
    P3121768.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 62
  • P3121770.jpg
    P3121770.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 46
  • P3121775.jpg
    P3121775.jpg
    980.2 KB · Views: 43
  • P3121776.jpg
    P3121776.jpg
    771.7 KB · Views: 33

Blue1970Cutlass

emberwolfmusic.com
Reaction score
I just got my TL60!!! That guitar is 100% perfect!!! it plays like butter!! fit and finish are perfect! it sounds awesome( I choose the lithium pups) I wanted the best no frill without bling bling guitar. Can't be more happy!!

Damn, that thing looks sick! (except it's backwards nyuk nyuk nyuk) :drew:

Congrats!

mbardu

Reaction score
Was doing a bit of spring cleaning today so got to taking a rare family pic :)

z9U2Nfm.jpg

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
mbardu: I have seen most of those guitars at some point, never realized they all belonged to the same person. I love that green SCB and Dc600... and the Vader. And the C66. I see you replaced the Lithiums in the Vader with "old" Carvins. Interesting choice!

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
SCB6 vs TL60?

Pulling together my first Carvin order and am seeking input from anyone familiar with both models. This may have been more appropriate under a different forum, but I doubt I'd get responses from the people I most want to hear from.

If nothing else maybe PM me with your thoughts to help keep from derailing this thread?

Thanks all!

mbardu

Reaction score
SCB6 vs TL60?

Pulling together my first Carvin order and am seeking input from anyone familiar with both models. This may have been more appropriate under a different forum, but I doubt I'd get responses from the people I most want to hear from.

If nothing else maybe PM me with your thoughts to help keep from derailing this thread?

Thanks all!

Quality is going to be the same between the two, so choose based on the options and looks that you prefer.
Some things off the top of my head: The SCB can have a Floyd, can come with the 2 volumes / 2 tones control layout - the TL60 doesn't have those options. On the other hand some people prefer the more 'traditional' TL shape and/or don't like the bevel on the SCB.
Personal choice! I'd vote SCB, but there are also some very nice TLs out there!

mbardu

Reaction score
mbardu: I have seen most of those guitars at some point, never realized they all belonged to the same person. I love that green SCB and Dc600... and the Vader. And the C66. I see you replaced the Lithiums in the Vader with "old" Carvins. Interesting choice!

At first the Lithiums didn't really work for me. Waaay too harsh.
Hence the swap for the M22SD/Holdsworth pickup combo.
They are the best Carvin makes in my opinion and some of the very best regardless of brands. Very vey few pickups I like as much as that combo, save for BKP Warpigs and the PRS 57/08s (totally different range).

But weird thing, the Lithium work VERY well on my Floyd guitars and/or in lower tunings.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
At first the Lithiums didn't really work for me. Waaay too harsh.
Hence the swap for the M22SD/Holdsworth pickup combo.
They are the best Carvin makes in my opinion and some of the very best regardless of brands. Very vey few pickups I like as much as that combo, save for BKP Warpigs and the PRS 57/08s (totally different range).

But weird thing, the Lithium work VERY well on my Floyd guitars and/or in lower tunings.

with my CT7 run order yesterday, I ordered a M22SD for my ST300.. hoping that really helps bring that guitar to life. Taking all you guys' word on it! Lithiums work well for me on the 7 strings so far, and I'll probably get a Lithium Neck for the ST300 to replace the Dimarzio Liquifire, but we'll see how it goes for the bridge.. thats the guitar that every pickup failed on; including like 5 different BKP humbuckers.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Quality is going to be the same between the two, so choose based on the options and looks that you prefer.
Some things off the top of my head: The SCB can have a Floyd, can come with the 2 volumes / 2 tones control layout - the TL60 doesn't have those options. On the other hand some people prefer the more 'traditional' TL shape and/or don't like the bevel on the SCB.
Personal choice! I'd vote SCB, but there are also some very nice TLs out there!

They have actually added the Floyd to the TL60 as a standard option, for what it's worth. :)

The only real differences, as mbardu pointed out, will be the control locations, the method of forearm comfort (bevel vs drop-top...unless you get binding, which eliminated the drop), and maybe the available headstock shapes.

dustygator

Reaction score
Anyone here happen to own an AE-185? I'd love to get some opinions.

I can't think of anyone manufacturer that does a neck-through semi-hollow.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Cannot wait to order my DC700, only a year out! This thread isn't helping.

jerm

Reaction score
^holyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that top is insane. Might just be the nicest piece I've seen.

laxu

Reaction score
My AM7 is finally on its way. Took about 13 weeks from order to shipping. Hopefully will have it in my hands next Wednesday or Thursday unless the Finnish customs .... things up.

')