The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not really seeing anywhere where it was said that Kiesel "invented this finish"? It's a finish done by Kaila Kiesel and she named it onyx? I dont see the issue? :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not really seeing anywhere where it was said that Kiesel "invented this finish"? It's a finish done by Kaila Kiesel and she named it onyx? I dont see the issue? :shrug:

The promo email they sent out about it calls it a "one of a kind" finish and says it was "developed by Kalia" which seems a little silly, considering its a finish that has been frequently used and certainly wasn't developed by Kiesel. But, eh, marketing. It's cool that they're doing the family thing.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Eh, they "developed" their own process. Same with their swirls, etc.

It's certainly pricey, though, as the finish ($400) requires a one-piece ash body ($200), and a matching headstock with ash overlay is optional ($150).

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
If they wanted to do it up real special, they shoulda used a corn cob blaster.

"THE KIESEL KERNEL" finish.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The promo email they sent out about it calls it a "one of a kind" finish and says it was "developed by Kalia" which seems a little silly, considering its a finish that has been frequently used and certainly wasn't developed by Kiesel. But, eh, marketing. It's cool that they're doing the family thing.

Yo Kaila, got some guitar bodies to finish. Birthdays don't pay for themselves.

Latest posts

')