The "CD Haul" thread

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus, I haven't bought CDs in ages, but just recently I went on a bit of an online buying spree that I'm kinda regretting already. Not that any of the CDs I ordered are something I'd regret, it's just that I really don't have the money to be buying any more stuff for myself right now, and Christmas is just around the bend. Oh well, this little lot should be arriving for me during the week sometime:

Liquid Tension Experiment 2
James LaBrie - Elements Of Persuasion
Pain Of Salvation - Be (DVD)
Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress
Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine
Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution
Devin Townsend - Synchestra

A fair bit of Devy there, eh? I've been a fan of Strapping Young Lad for a while now, but never got around to getting his solo stuff. I would've liked to have grabbed Gojira - From Mars To Sirius, but they haven't had it in stock for ages. :(

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
the latest music art piece ive gotten was the new Joe Satriani DVD, and i freaking love it to death. will always be in my collection. his tone and technique are to die for:shred: :metal: :hbang: . to bad he's scared to play his 7 string material.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got Akercocke - Words that go Unspoken, Deeds that go undone

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
been going on a bit of a gothenburg binge lately

at the gates - terminal spirits disese
in flames - lunar strain
in flames - jester race
dark tranquillity - the gallery
the haunted - the haunted

hell, maybe i should just move to sweeden :lol:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, there seems to be absolutely no stopping me these days!

I've barely bought any CDs in absolutely months, but aswell as the aforementioned purchases, today I was in HMV and I say Fear Factory - Archetype for e9.99, aswell as To-Mera's album for 16.99, which is excellent.

They had the new Strapping Young Lad, but I thought that I just had to control myself and wait for another time. I got a lot of stuff to listen to as it is. I was also eyeing up the latest Lacuna Coil album.

Lots of 7-String albums though. ;)

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
Over the past week or two I've picked up

Deicide - the Stench of Redemption

Cannibal Corpse - Kill

Deeds of Flesh - Path of the Weakening

Morbid Angel - Domination (re-purchase)

The new Deicide album is freaking amazing... I didn't know what I would be hearing knowing that the Hoffmans are out of the picture, but it's really quite an awesome album. Put some fire under their butt that they've been lacking a bit. Kill is really good as well.

I always wanted a Deeds of Flesh album since I keep hearing about them... Path of the Weakening was really disappointing. Ah well.

Domination is easily one of the greatest death metal albums EVER. I had this CD stolen from me along with many others a number of years ago and I never actually got around to replacing it. Hatework is one of the craziest songs I've ever heard in my entire life. I kind of forgot how awesome this album really was.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rounded out my Zero Hour collection (well, ordered anyways, won't be here for a few days)

Zero Hour - The Towers of Avarice
Zero Hour - Metamorphosis
Zero Hour - A Fragile Mind

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
The new Deicide album is freaking amazing... I didn't know what I would be hearing knowing that the Hoffmans are out of the picture, but it's really quite an awesome album. Put some fire under their butt that they've been lacking a bit. Kill is really good as well.

i totally agree. I didn't mind 'scars' either (steve wrote the music for it anyway), but this new one has a certain something. Very energetic, plus ralph shreds all over it. It's like the new rust in piece of death metal

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and pick up Meshuggah's re-release of Nothing this weekend. The last album I bought was the new Despised Icon.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hehehe, told you. Welcome to the club of guys who want to put their guitar down and pick up accordion instead. :lol:

With that album, it's more than just the playing - it's so tense and aggressive that it always sucks me in. After all, it makes my daughter cry... :lol:

')