The "CD Haul" thread

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Halfway through the first song, and she was sobbing! I couldn't believe how completely it unsettled her.

:rofl: oh man that's crazy... but yeah I am just blown away, and am even more irked that I couldn't make it down for the Zero Hour show :rant:

No ConeSS

Contributor
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago, I picked up
It Dies Today - Sirens
Gigantour CD/DVD

Last nite I picked up
Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Devin Townsend Band - Synchestra
Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare
Jag Panzer - The Fourth Judgement
Strapping Young Lad - The New Black

Should be here Wednesday :hbang:

Invader

97.5 The Brodeo
Reaction score
Biomechanical - The Empires Of The Worlds.

This album blows me away time after time. I've listened to it for three days straight. :lol:
I can't believe how awesome John K's vocals are on this one. And the riffs are mad has hell. :shred:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Division - Trinity

I've meant to order it forever and just kept forgetting about it for some reason.

Thanks!

What I got:

Realm - "Endless War" reissue
Realm - "Suiciety" reissue
Disincarnate - "Dreams of the Carrion Kind" reissue

Excellent stuff - the Realm discs are two favs from back in the day...

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
Just got Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal last week as well as the Dissection DVD.

Those Once Loyal is pretty good! Bolt Thrower as usual. I wouldn't say it's as good as Honour Valour Pride, but still rockin.

The Dissection DVD was weird... pretty good sound and production quality, very "live" sounding. It's just that Nodtveidt was a HUGE influence on me, and seeing him play for the first time after he's already dead was quite an odd experience.

Makelele

Reaction score
Just ordered some CD's.

OPETH - My Arms, Your Hearse
IN FLAMES - Come Clarity (cd+dvd, I would've ordered the version without the DVD, but this one was cheaper (!))
AMON AMARTH - With Oden On Our Side (2-cd Digipack)
CYNIC - Focus
THROES OF DAWN - Quicksilver Clouds
DARK TRANQUILLITY - Character

Now I own all Opeth albums except "Morningrise" and "Orchid".

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
+1 for cynic..

i'ma searching for:
God Dethroned - Bloody Blasphemy i need to stop by another local record store, if they dont have it, i'm ordering it off TheEnd.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Symbolic has my all time favorite Death song on there, Crystal Mountain, followed by Symbolic. I love the song "Lack Of Comprehension," im pretty sure that's on Human. \m/

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
Symbolic has my all time favorite Death song on there, Crystal Mountain, followed by Symbolic. I love the song "Lack Of Comprehension," im pretty sure that's on Human. \m/

Yeah it is, it's definately a highlight of the album (one of many :)) I LOVE reinert's drumming on this disc! (mayyyybbee even moreso than on 'focus') How would you compare it to hoglan's work? I think he plays on symbolic, right?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Hoglan plays on Symbolic. I like Reinhert a bit more as a drummer, but Gene is an AWESOME. i can't AB it right now, cause i dont have Human, i NEED to get it, i haven't listened to it in FOREVER. I used to have the mp3s, but i lost them a long time ago, i need to pick up a couple more Death albums. I also strongly suggest you check out Sound Of Perseverance, too. Spirit Crusher = another amazing death song.

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
Yeah, Hoglan plays on Symbolic. I like Reinhert a bit more as a drummer, but Gene is an AWESOME. i can't AB it right now, cause i dont have Human, i NEED to get it, i haven't listened to it in FOREVER. I used to have the mp3s, but i lost them a long time ago, i need to pick up a couple more Death albums. I also strongly suggest you check out Sound Of Perseverance, too. Spirit Crusher = another amazing death song.

Cool, the only experience I have on hoglan is the SYL ambums (slightly impressive :lol: )although I wonder if he could be as tasteful as reinert (he doesn't just go mental all the time)

The cd shop I got human from had a bunch of death albums for £7, so next time I go into town I'll hopefully grab a few, though I'm much more interested in the later stuff!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
well pretty much anything Human and onwards is 'later stuff'... Spiritual Healing and previous was more striaght up Death metal.

Latest posts

')