The "CD Haul" thread

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

METAL_ZONE

Reaction score
Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard (which came with a free PD/Coldworker/Antigama 7")
Gorguts - Considered Dead
Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Birthday Bump!

The Bezerker - Animosity

This is good, it's a big improvement over the (watered down) World of Lies, although the guitar work still isn't as crazy as Dissimulate. Brutal and intense though, which is what I expect from them. Some new vocal styles from Luke as well, who does all of them on this album. Me like.

Got John 5's new one, Thorns and Cannibal Corpse - Vile to get through so be back later!

Okay, John 5 - The Devil Knows My Name

Also good, pretty much the same as his last two efforts but that's no bad thing, catchy instrumental guitar with a variety of influences. Guest spots from Satch, Jim from Slipknot/Stone Sour and Eric Johnson. Good stuff!

Thorns - self titled.

This is an album from a band that should state "it took me 10 years to release this album but my early demos are considered highly influencial on the black metal scene of the 90's so pay attention". Yes. Anyway, this is a black metal album, but with a lot of cyber/industrial/spacey/ambient stuff going on, me like. Hellhammer on drums, Satyr and Aldrahn (old DHG vocalist) singing and Snore (Thorns mastermind) doing everything else. I like BM with a bit of a twist, like Aborym, so this is right up my street. Well produced (by BM standards), disgusting guitar tone, and rather good. I never buy bad albums, or I'm just easily pleased.

Vile - Cannibal Corpse

This one doesn't need a long review, it owns. That's right it owwwwwwwwwwwnzzzzz!!!! (to quote FPS Doug). Just adding to the CC collection, this is the 25th anniversary of Metal Blade edition, so you get a Live DVD with it, which I haven't watched and am hoping isn't Monolith of Death because I already have it!

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Dio - Magica
Meshuggah - Chaosphere
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Dream Theater - Train of Thought
White Zombie - La Sexocisto, Devil Music Vol: 1
Skid Row - 40 Seasons

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sonata Arctica - Winterhearts Guild (I already have it downloaded but I like to have the actual CD's too. : P )
Iced Earth - Night of The Stormriders

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Used
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II
Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes - Live at the Greek
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Metallics - Garage Inc.
White Snake - Slip of the Tongue

New
Dream Theater - Dark Side Of The Moon
Dream Theater - Master Of Puppets
Dream Theater - The Number Of The Beast
Dream Theater - When Dream And Day Reunite
Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Steve Vai - Sound Theories I & II

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Recently:

Meshuggah - Chaosphere
Rush - Snakes & Arrows
Ozzy - Black Rain
Hellyeah - Hellyeah
Static-X - Cannibal
Point 1 - Unlucky Stars

All excellent releases, assuming you like the style of each particular band. The new Rush and Ozzy CD's are their most vital in years; Static-X continues to mature and evolve while still being, well, a band around Wayne Static ;); and Hellyeah was just fun, like it seems to have been meant to be!

Point 1 was the opening band for Sevendust, Friday night... not bad. The CD seems like they're still working out what direction to go in, but the alt-rock style songs are pretty damn good... imagine Alter Bridge/Nickelback/Fuel, only without the cheese and syrup! ;)

Coming up:

Diecast - Internal Revolution... saw them with Sevendust, and they kicked ass. Should have bought the CD at the show, sometimes I'm an idiot. :nuts:

Unearth - Either In The Eyes Of Fire or The Oncoming Storm... saw the video for Sanctity of Brothers last night on HBB, awesome stuff.

Mastodon - Blood Mountain... 'nuff said.

added: Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory... cause seedawakener said so! :lol:

Division - Trinity (because, how could I NOT? :D)

Mars Volta

Banned
Reaction score
Steve Vai - Sound Theories

I really like this album, I thought I was going to be disapointed at first because I've already seen the Metropole concerts but you get a second CD with all original Vai compositions.
It's the best of the guitar and orchestra CDs I've heard as they all sound like proper compostions and not just shred over an orchestra backing track, infinitely better than the Yngwie one.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Psyopus- Our puzzling Encounters Considered (I'd been listening to my friends copy for months, so i finally got off of my ass and got my own damn copy)

Joe Pass- virtuoso

Holy Katana

Wait, what?
Reaction score
Systematic Chaos - Dream Theater
United Abominations - Megadeth

Technically, only one of them was a CD, as I got UA off of iTunes.

seven_stringer

Reaction score
Systematic Chaos - Dream Theater from FYE.com. Got an insert signed by the band because of preordering the CD.

Circus Diablo - bought from Yahoo Music.
Circus Maximus - bought from Yahoo Music
Symphony X - currently listening to The Odyssey on Yahoo Music

god9

Contributor
Reaction score
Just picked up some Strapping Young Lad discs, my god Devin Townsend is a fucking GOD.

SYL - The New Black
SYL - Alien

I also got Ziltoid and then I've been getting into Tom Morello more, so I got a RATM disc too (Battle for Los Angeles)

SWEET ! :hbang:

')