The Contortionist Megathread

• Thread starter MetalJordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ayaotd

Reaction score
I saw them last night in Ottawa. One of the guitarist looked like he was feeling the music more then anyone I have ever seen lol. Great set. I find their bass player is awesome. The singer did a good job!

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I kinda wish Mike Lessard could find a way to juggle both LCTR and The Contortionist, he's fucking killing it

tbb529

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's my audition! I'd love to get some feedback, lemme know what you think!

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's my audition! I'd love to get some feedback, lemme know what you think!

Not a bad audition! I would definitely love to have you in my band. Good timing, solid cleans, and really badass growls :yesway:.

Two little notes, just because you asked for feedback:

Occasionally, especially in the clean sections, you cut off words a bit hard. I think it is the second "Every passing lifetime" the M at the end of lifetime sounds hard and cuts off, instead of flowing into a rest. If that makes sense. It happens a couple of other times.

You have absolutely killer growls, do you know if you really need to double track them? Or if so, do you think you could make it a little tighter? That might be more a mixing issue, but sometimes it sounds a bit like two people doing the growls.

All in all, I'm nitpicking about things that would go into a final mix on a record :lol:. For an audition, this is good work!

Good luck!

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
They played a very small show here last night on their way back home from their tour, and it was ....ing incredible. They played at a pretty underground venue that I had never been too before (and was a ....ing awesome place I might add. Place was tiny, 150 people max., and their weren't even that many people at the show. I'm glad I got to see Mike Lessard play with them a second time, once again he nailed it. Only thing I was slightly bummed about was that they played pretty much an identical set to the one they played last time, but its not like I mind too much, all their songs are ....ing awesome \m/

Also, I was chatting with one of the guitarists for a bit, and I guess he's running a Laney Ironheart these days

Entropy Prevails

Reaction score
Anything new about the singer auditions? Didn´t they say they are selecting between the final eight? I´m really hoping they would find someone suitable as Carpenter did a hell of a job!

Taylord

Reaction score
I saw them a couple months ago with Mike filling in, and it was one of the best shows I've ever been too. Mike's a great guy, really nice to talk to.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
So ....ing happy about this!!! I think Mike fits so perfectly. Probably the absolute best replacement for Jonathan I can think of. Can't wait to see them again in October :)

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
GREAT FIT! I just wish they had found someone who could do the keys as well, Jon nailed that when I saw the Contortionist. Seriously one of the best live bands I have ever seen.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Robby told me he and Cameron are the ones that wrote all the music but I don't know if he meant EVERYTHING or just like structures, guitars and all and Jonathan did keyboards and synths. I hope they'll still have that element in their next album.

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
so i just listened to last chance to reason to see how Michael Lessard sounds, i gotta say I'm looking forward to see what they put out with this guy on vocals. His vocals seem close enough to Johns to be able to pull off the old material, but uniquely different enough to put out something great with The Contortionist IMO

bhakan

Reaction score
I'm both excited and sad to see Lessard in The Contortionist. I absolutely love him, and I think he's a perfect fit, but it sucks because LCTR is also awesome and even if he remains in LCTR it means we will see less of them.

Edit: I just saw Robby from the Contortionist is filling in for LCTR. They should just merge into one super band, haha. Also the new LCTR makes me feel better about Mike also being in the Contortionist because the new LCTR is gonna be amazing.

Latest posts

')