The Contortionist Megathread

• Thread starter MetalJordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
This new album will make or break them for me. Language was cool but I think John really added something to the creative process.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MSUspartans777

Reaction score
I loved Language. I like it better than their previous efforts. So much more variety and memorable songs. Their older stuff just sounded like every other deathcore band.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I loved Language. I like it better than their previous efforts. So much more variety and memorable songs. Their older stuff just sounded like every other deathcore band.

I know this is all opinion, but I have to disagree with you there. Exoplanet sounded like no other deathcore band. That being said, it was my favorite album of theirs. I honestly think that they sound like too many other bands...now. Nothing about them stands out to me anymore. I will probably catch flak for that, but it is what it is. Again, it's all opinion.

MSUspartans777

Reaction score
I know this is all opinion, but I have to disagree with you there. Exoplanet sounded like no other deathcore band. That being said, it was my favorite album of theirs. I honestly think that they sound like too many other bands...now. Nothing about them stands out to me anymore. I will probably catch flak for that, but it is what it is. Again, it's all opinion.

I can respect that. I really liked the clean vocals mixed with the angry vocals on Language. That's why it really stood out to me. Exoplanet has some really great music on it too though

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I can respect that. I really liked the clean vocals mixed with the angry vocals on Language. That's why it really stood out to me. Exoplanet has some really great music on it too though

:hbang:

I love the mix of harsh and clean vocals as well. I liked Jon's better though. His harsh vocals were awesome.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
They killed it tonight in Ft. Lauderdale.

Cameron has 2 new custom shop Ibby 7's that are soooo sick. They have a natural finish maple top. We only got a glance at the LACS's the entire set because Cameron likes to play with his back to the crowd.

MSUspartans777

Reaction score
Yeah I saw those customs on a gear gods episode I think. One of those rundown video series.

Seriously amazing instruments from the LACustom Shop.

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
anyone heard anything or have any updates on the new album? Looks like they finished up recording in January, and im dying for some new tunes from these guys

MSUspartans777

Reaction score
anyone heard anything or have any updates on the new album? Looks like they finished up recording in January, and im dying for some new tunes from these guys

I've been waiting for news as well. I saw them in April and I know they are on tour in Europe now with Periphery. I imagine the promotion for the new album will kick off when the tour is over.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Has anyone catched them on the European tour so far? I would really like to know the setlist since I only know Exoplanet songs.

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Has anyone catched them on the European tour so far? I would really like to know the setlist since I only know Exoplanet songs.

Saw them 2 days ago with Periphery.

While I really like their studio stuff, was not impressed at all with the live performance.

Basically, no show, just some guys playing their stuff like if they were in their bedroom. Damn, move, play, have fun... :rant:
Body language of the singer was plain ridiculous, it was almost embarrassing

exception was the drummer, who delivered a great performance and was the inly one that seemed to have fun and be happy to be there.

lewis

Reaction score

I absolutely, unequivocally agree with this. Hate the new direction. Also they miss some of the former vocal styles from members that have left. All in all, its overly commercialized, main stream sounding, Camel Wank now. Not memorable, not creative, and sounds like every other band who sells out in the same way.

Northlane is another brilliant example of this.

MSUspartans777

Reaction score
I personally love the new material and thought they kicked ass live when I saw them a month ago. I find the new material much more interesting.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
All in all, its overly commercialized, main stream sounding,Not memorable, not creative,

Yeah that intro sounds exactly like the song in the last kia ad i saw wtf? Why they gotta rip off paramore??

Seriously though language is sick af, sorry you missed out man. Been on board since the first exoplanet album cycle. And their progression seems natural to me and most people that didnt get stuck in a deathcore phase in my experience.

(p.s sorry, but the annoying generic metal "elitist/loser" comes out of me whenever i hear peoples negativity about them. just a reflex haha.

Cnev

Reaction score
Language is brilliant and one of the more unique and interesting metal albums as of late. Really looking forward to their future work.

Reaction score
Language was kind of a slow burn at first but after multiple listens it really, really grew on me. They're almost and entirely different band now, sound-wise, but its an excellent change IMO.

Intrinsic is still boring as .... though.

')