The Contortionist Megathread

• Thread starter MetalJordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xevre

Reaction score
everything mentioned above is great stuff.
if you like the latest album check out textures. especially silhouettes. incredible songwriting and sound design. check out stormwarning :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexRuger

Reaction score
Man, it's so funny...all these guys are very good friends mine. Robby and I were in a band together for a while in high school. I was searching on google to see what sort of buzz they've been getting since Exoplanet, and I saw this post. Been meaning to join this forum for a while, so here I am.
I'm so stoked to see things going so well for them. It's weird to see your buddies getting talked about like this online. They're gonna go far, I'm sure. :shred:

shaunduane

Reaction score
Man, it's so funny...all these guys are very good friends mine. Robby and I were in a band together for a while in high school. I was searching on google to see what sort of buzz they've been getting since Exoplanet, and I saw this post. Been meaning to join this forum for a while, so here I am.
I'm so stoked to see things going so well for them. It's weird to see your buddies getting talked about like this online. They're gonna go far, I'm sure. :shred:

You should ask and post their rigs. :agreed:

AlexRuger

Reaction score
Hahaha, funny that you say that...
Robby's rig consists of a Carvin V3 and an Avatar 2x12 with V30s. The V3 has JJ 6L6's from Eurotubes.com. I know this because I sold them to him :D
Also, their new vocalist, John, uses a Yamaha MO-8 keyboard. I know this because I sold it to him :D (I also played the piano and strings parts on "Axiom." This was before John had replaced their old singer.)
The amp was mine in high school, and I played keys (on the Yamaha) in me and Robby's old band, mainly covering Dream Theater stuff. Good times.
Cameron...I *think* he's using a 5150. Not sure though. If you really want I'll call him tomorrow and ask.
On Exoplanet, they were using a lot of VHT's, Mesa's, and the new(ish) 5150 III's. I recorded the key parts at Susi's studio, and I geeked the fuck out over his amp collection. I don't think my old V3 is on the album at all, though. And of course Robby and Cameron (and Chris the bassist) were using Ibanez guitars/basses. I think at the time of recording they were using S series (not sure about the bass), though Robby texted me some pics of some late 80s/early 90s RG's they just picked up a couple days ago. One of them's pink. Metal.

shaunduane

Reaction score
Hahaha, funny that you say that...
Robby's rig consists of a Carvin V3 and an Avatar 2x12 with V30s. The V3 has JJ 6L6's from Eurotubes.com. I know this because I sold them to him :D
Also, their new vocalist, John, uses a Yamaha MO-8 keyboard. I know this because I sold it to him :D (I also played the piano and strings parts on "Axiom." This was before John had replaced their old singer.)
The amp was mine in high school, and I played keys (on the Yamaha) in me and Robby's old band, mainly covering Dream Theater stuff. Good times.
Cameron...I *think* he's using a 5150. Not sure though. If you really want I'll call him tomorrow and ask.
On Exoplanet, they were using a lot of VHT's, Mesa's, and the new(ish) 5150 III's. I recorded the key parts at Susi's studio, and I geeked the fuck out over his amp collection. I don't think my old V3 is on the album at all, though. And of course Robby and Cameron (and Chris the bassist) were using Ibanez guitars/basses. I think at the time of recording they were using S series (not sure about the bass), though Robby texted me some pics of some late 80s/early 90s RG's they just picked up a couple days ago. One of them's pink. Metal.

Haha, thanks man. I was mainly curious about their pedals. They get a pretty epic sound live.

Thanks, though. :metal:

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
Chronographs and Circle Of Contempt.

C.O.C. FTW my friend, nice recommendation.

Also check out Fell Silent, A Hero A Fake, Cynic, Misery Signals, and our very own friend CHIMP SPANNER!

Give Viatrophy and Wretched a listen as well.

The Contortionist is absolutely siiiiieeeckkk.

')