The Contortionist Megathread

• Thread starter MetalJordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I hadn't given these guys a good listen until a few days ago. Friend showed me new tracks and I was blown away.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
I know these guys pretty well, love this band to death... Hopefully they will get pretty popular off of this release. Ken susi of unearth produced it.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
This is the only thing ive been listening to in the past couple of days :D

Anyone know what kinda recording techniques Ken Susi used for their recordings? Amps, guitars, bass drum sounds etc.?

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
This is the only thing ive been listening to in the past couple of days :D

Anyone know what kinda recording techniques Ken Susi used for their recordings? Amps, guitars, bass drum sounds etc.?

EVH 5150 III for all the rhythms.
Framus cobra for leads.
Mesa triple rec for the cleans.

Reaction score
Saw them with For The Fallen Dreams, Legend, and I Declare War. Such a really good band. I hope this release gives them more popularity. Will be seeing them again in October and November.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
dont know if i like this or Apparition better
even then, they sound like polished remakes of some songs off of Apparition (regardless, both sound awesome)
Flourish - Eyes: Closed
Expire - Infection
Advent - Realms
Oscillator - well...Oscillator

Reaction score
apparition is cool but the mix is way better on the new stuff, and I like the remade versions of the old songs. I just think this cd is pretty damn good as a whole.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
Got the album. Holy shit. I kinda dig those muted dissonant powerchords of which I have no idea what it's called! :lol:

Holy balls!
Holy balls!

KenAncients

Reaction score
This is actually one of my favorite bands at the moment. I'm learning alot just by listening to what these guys do and how. I can't wait to put some of their influence into my style.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
This record is ridiculous!

I think right now "Contact" is my favorite song (this will probably change). It starts off sounding like it could be a Scale The Summit song, with that melodic riff at :25, but when it breaks into that dissonant harmony (or whatever it is) riff at 1:15 it kills me everytime, not to mention the vocals are sick!

Reaction score
This album is amazing, anyone that feels "iffy" about it give it a full listen to. I know a lot of people are turned off by the vocals and the spastic changes. This is a great album as a whole. I'm glad people are posting it around on some sites and giving it the exposure it deserves.

')