The Contortionist Megathread

• Thread starter MetalJordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So sick. I love the clean vocals. Adds a great new dynamic and makes the heavier parts seem heavier. Preordered.

simulclass83

Reaction score
How can you guys not be psyched for this album? It's gonna be dope as hell.
I'm sure they haven't completely abandoned the Exoplanet feel if that's what it is. These clean vocals are really refreshing IMO.

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
I'm home and listening to it for the first time. Out of body experience!
Edit: Everyone has their preferences and maybe they don't like how the band seems to have switched from progressive deathcore to simply progressive metal. Can't blame them for their opinions.

Sikthness

Reaction score
I really liked it alot. I loved Exoplanet when it came out, but not being a big deathcore fan I was hoping they'd do exactly what they seem to have done.

TheSpaceforthis

Reaction score
Wait a minute...someone would actually take progressive deathcore over progressive metal?

I know music is subjective and all but damn!

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I like it, but this most definitely isn't the band I fell in love with when I heard Apparition. I'll wait for the rest of the album to judge (since I won't judge based on the live performances, pro-shot or not).

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
I like this, I found the 'heavy' parts of Exoplanet to be rather 'ugly', if that makes sense to anyone else's understanding. :lol:

A friend of mine said the same thing when I showed them to him, he said he liked the melodic sections but found the use of dissonant chords/chugs to be distasteful, like they could be doing something more interesting/clean to create a heavy sound, is that kinda the angle you were going for?

I like it either way, this and Exoplanet are both awesome to me :yesway: I don't think I'd want them to stay the same for another album though, Exoplanet was great but if they weren't distinct from one another I'd just compare them and inevitably be as unhappy with one as I could've been with a different sounding album that wasn't to my tastes. Bands need to progress, especially in a genre named after the word :lol:

CharliePark

Reaction score
Can't blame a band for writing a different record than the last one. Don't wanna get bored do ya?
Song is awesome, sort of wanted it to go for longer haha.

')