The David Shankle signature 7 string!

• Thread starter W4D
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that is one radical take on a fairly traditional design! The upper fret access on that thing makes the Rusty Cooley cutaway look a bit pedestrian - I approve!
Just one quick question: I might be a tad dim here, but will the standard model also sport the sawtooth edges or is that reserved for the Artist Edition (along with the carving)? I'm looking really forward to seing that beast come to life, I'm sure it'll rock!

Cheers

Eske

Still to be determined, I will keep you posted.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
I remember something like "hail to the glory of germany" or something like that in some lyric, Plus that every fucking skinhead has a manowar t-shirt.

ummm.... how about not misquoting and reading ALL of the lyrics in that song before posting a comment :rolleyes:

D

Desecrated

ummm.... how about not misquoting and reading ALL of the lyrics in that song before posting a comment :rolleyes:

How about posting some facts to prove me wrong, instead of sarcastic comments :rolleyes:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
How about posting some facts to prove me wrong, instead of sarcastic comments :rolleyes:

Dude, that's absolutely ridiculous. Facts? You have absolutely no proof that they are Nazi just like you have no proof that all the members of Iron Maiden are hardcore gays. You're asking him to prove that they aren't nazi. If you asked me to prove that my band isn't nazi, I don't know how I'd go about doing it. "Uh, we don't wear swasticas. I'm not blonde haired or blue eyed and the other members of the band aren't even caucasian. None of my lyrics have to do with World War II era Germany or with racism." And I'm sure that Manowar could use many of the same arguements, although they would probably laugh at such a ridiculous accusation.

There is nothing empirical about your observation.

[action=Naren]is not a Manowar fan, but does not like to see people accused of being racists or nazis for no apparent reason (which Desecrated has done on several occasions in regards to many different bands).[/action]

Reactions: XEN

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
aaaah! my eyes!!!!

no, seriously. Fugliest guitar ever! :agreed:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
aaaah! my eyes!!!!

no, seriously. Fugliest guitar ever! :agreed:

Shankle has NEVER been anyone to do things with subtlety *listen to any of his solos, especially with DSG*, so if he wanted something saw looking, he was just gonna make it jagged and shitty looking. :ugh:

I can appreciate what he does and his style, but I'm not particularly a fan of the geetar or his style.:noway:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I remember something like "hail to the glory of germany" or something like that in some lyric, Plus that every fucking skinhead has a manowar t-shirt.

Your putting all the SkinHeads on the same bag.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
Dave is a monster shredder too his playing is a Blurrrr he entwine speed with theory and makes your head spin. I had a talk with him at the randall booth in 96 and he was a mad shredder then. I always look forward to hear what he has done. but i must admit this guitar is not for me. but hats off to Waylon for pioneering such a venture.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much what I figured. The art/carving will make or break that design :agreed:

:agreed:

I like the carving on this one though.

custom_12.gif

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
Moving forward Dave moved on to Dean guitars for a Custom 29 fret Dean "V"....with emg's.
DavidSFlyingVverticletext.jpg
m_b5726443ac574a1595190990988df5c4.jpg

m_ac88a891148f4b5f83655ae9c4f5223e.jpg

m_a0320179d84941c1a7cdaa40e4758072.jpg

m_31fd6f525ce644c0997cbe9082bf70fb.jpg

and the hot chick photo!!

')