The Deftones are breaking my heart...

• Thread starter Franko
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Well I wondered this, but if so then the guy must be huffing pounds of weed a day. I consume a lot of weed on prescription but I haven't turned in to a fucking moron to this level.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I too consume copious amounts of ganja and have yet to smoke myself more than temporarily stupid.

EDIT: This reminds me of working in a kitchen and having a younger kid asked me if I found myself more apt to believe conspiracy theories when I took acid. I told him absolutely fucking not, if anything I am more skeptical of bullshit in that state. It's entirely possible that some people just shouldn't do drugs.

It's the same reason I hate Billy Joel.

- Fuck Billy Joel

I never knew whether he was actually an asshole but always loved this song.
"Billy Joel.... is an asshole!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
Last two albums were meh, Chino and Steph hate each other, Steph is a whacko, and his youtube playthroughs might as well be whatever the guitar version of lip syncing is. Maybe pack it in. Or at least make an album work where Steph can ape Meshuggah riffs and Chino can moan like Morrisey. THrow some Frank noises and Abe's solid drumming and I'd be back onboard. Because my opinion matters.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
It's the same reason I hate Billy Joel.

- Fuck Billy Joel

Yeah, Billy Joel as a person is an absolute shitbag, that said I can't help but enjoy some of his early hits like "Pressure"; hearing what he did to his bandmates makes it a tougher listen, but still, that song bops.

Adieu

Reaction score
Well I wondered this, but if so then the guy must be huffing pounds of weed a day. I consume a lot of weed on prescription but I haven't turned in to a fucking moron to this level.

Would you know if you had, though?

Pretty sure the point is you wouldn't and he doesn't

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe Stef is just always high, or at least his default state is high?

Living in rural Vermont, I run into a lot of people who are super concerned about what doctors want to put into their bodies, yet are consuming recreational substances daily.

To each their own, but I obviously don't think Stef is the best intellectual influence. If he backed out of a bunch of concert dates, though, I think that there ought to be some financial culpability.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
now that the thread is officially in tangent land - bought tickets to see gojira, that so happened to have deftones as the closing act.
bailed into the first song deftones song, goijra killed it.

Thought about doing the same, but the opening act (who's name I can't recall at this moment, but it was something simple) did absolutely nothing for me either so I didn't want to sit through them to get TO Gojira, and then leave.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's impossible, but I too consume copious amounts of ganja and have yet to smoke myself more than temporarily stupid.

EDIT: This reminds me of working in a kitchen and having a younger kid asked me if I found myself more apt to believe conspiracy theories when I took acid. I told him absolutely fucking not, if anything I am more skeptical of bullshit in that state. It's entirely possible that some people just shouldn't do drugs.

As an user of both marijuana and LSD I’m in the same boat. I won’t even trip with other people just to avoid anything idiot-level from ruining my good time, but I don’t really take it recreationally to begin with, I use it to hit my reset switch.

Occasionally I’ll get what my buddies and I call ‘more-gone’, which is when you pass that threshold of being reasonably baked to gaining the ability to be blinded by dental floss. 98% of the time, you can’t even tell I’ve smoked and the remaining 2% I reserve for vacations.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Sergio gives a very diplomatic backstory on the whole Deftones BS here-

In short, he says he pretty much felt like he was a line item to the band, like their storage unit was bleeding them money, so was he. Wasn’t he with them for 13 or 14 years? That’s longer than some bands even enjoy success for.

I love the Diamond Eyes album but there’s not much else outside of that album I dig. They left a bad taste in my mouth in the 90’s and early 00’s because I don’t think I heard Chino sing in key live until the Diamond Eyes tour. I caught them with AIC and Mastodon and they were fucking GREAT.

I haven’t checked out Ohm at all, I should give that a spin.

Also, I’m pretty sure Carpenter was on Jasta’s podcast as well and Jasta let him go off about the flat earth shit, I can’t remember listening to it because there’s only so much of that I’m willing to barrage my ears with, but I’m sure it’s easily accessible.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sergio gives a very diplomatic backstory on the whole Deftones BS here-

In short, he says he pretty much felt like he was a line item to the band, like their storage unit was bleeding them money, so was he. Wasn’t he with them for 13 or 14 years? That’s longer than some bands even enjoy success for.

I love the Diamond Eyes album but there’s not much else outside of that album I dig. They left a bad taste in my mouth in the 90’s and early 00’s because I don’t think I heard Chino sing in key live until the Diamond Eyes tour. I caught them with AIC and Mastodon and they were fucking GREAT.

I haven’t checked out Ohm at all, I should give that a spin.

Also, I’m pretty sure Carpenter was on Jasta’s podcast as well and Jasta let him go off about the flat earth shit, I can’t remember listening to it because there’s only so much of that I’m willing to barrage my ears with, but I’m sure it’s easily accessible.

ohm's is pretty great imho

I had it on for a couple months straight when it first dropped. It's more rock-ish than metal though.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Maybe Stef is just always high, or at least his default state is high?

Living in rural Vermont, I run into a lot of people who are super concerned about what doctors want to put into their bodies, yet are consuming recreational substances daily.

To each their own, but I obviously don't think Stef is the best intellectual influence. If he backed out of a bunch of concert dates, though, I think that there ought to be some financial culpability.

hV7XERJfxto9FBSAlxKK5pORJ06HKtLlSpnVOSm9C-w.jpg

RevDrucifer

Reaction score

When I was in the restaurant business and jumping from restaurant to restaurant, I’d show up to interviews high so they never questioned me about it after.

Then again, I used to bring a handle of Captain Morgan onto the line in the kitchen and get hammered while I worked for a number of years and they didn’t care about that either, so I’m not sure I had to be high for the interviews. :rofl:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ridiculing a guy who doesn’t want to take an ineffective gene therapy is hilarious, what a bunch of chumps….Take this vaccine that doesn’t stop you from getting or transmitting a virus that has a .03% fatality rate and instead take a gene therapy that in the clinical trials has a 3% death rate with a 90%+ side effect rate. Facepalm

8c3.jpg

You also missed the part where he's a flat eather lol

Matthew Shelton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I could care less about that, what does that have to do with what I said?

')