The Deftones are breaking my heart...

• Thread starter Franko
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Werecow

Reaction score
At least he has a purple version of that 9-string. :yesway:

If he's going to mime to so many songs, he could at least do a few with say an inflatable guitar or a guitar hero controller to liven things up a bit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Don't you guys know that vaccines are only given to people to make them believe the earth is a globe, 911 was destroyed by microwave super beam subsonic weapons, the aliens faked the moon landing, masonic shape shifting reptiles did a bunch of shit then blamed it on the jews to make you anti-Semitic, and the Chinese are covertly dropping gay bombs on the USA to overthrow it as the sole super power of the world.

Did I miss anything?

sirbuh

Reaction score
after reading the replies in this thread, whats the attraction of the band?
Adrenaline had some good riffs and what I heard after just didn't grab me.

Lan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Don't you guys know that vaccines are only given to people to make them believe the earth is a globe, 911 was destroyed by microwave super beam subsonic weapons, the aliens faked the moon landing, masonic shape shifting reptiles did a bunch of shit then blamed it on the jews to make you anti-Semitic, and the Chinese are covertly dropping gay bombs on the USA to overthrow it as the sole super power of the world.

Did I miss anything?
You forgot hollow earth, cryptids, and the pleieadians, but covered most of the other stuff 👍

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
You forgot hollow earth, cryptids, and the pleieadians, but covered most of the other stuff 👍
I'm into conspiracies, but some of them seem created by government types to destroy anything that might be onto something. If one says they don't believe what they were told about JFK, RFK, MLK, etc or 9/11, people make the mental connection that they believe in a bunch of other stupid shit.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
after reading the replies in this thread, whats the attraction of the band?
Adrenaline had some good riffs and what I heard after just didn't grab me.

I missed the Deftones boat because holy fuck could I not care less about "Change in the House of Flies" which was every god damn where in the late 90s/early 00s, but to the best of my knowledge, they're either a band you listen to and immediately like or if you join late then you find it average.

I recently listened to their first album about a week or two ago, and it was fine but didn't make me think, "wow, I was a fool for missing all this!"

-Neonblack-

Blood Moon Studio
Reaction score
They are a good band and i still like their music.
They just have a very good vocalist and the music transports a special energy as well.
It is pretty extreme how many effects the vocalist uses.

And what i find funny:
In the playthrough videos with his 9-string, he usually does not even touch the lowest string once.
It is just there ... and he has to watch out not to hit it accidentally.
I guess he just loves the feeling that he could go crazy any moment and start playing super evil low stuff... if he wanted to :)
Or do i miss something here? I watched only 2 videos and i am quite sure he never used the lowest string. (okay i guess he never used the two highest strings either... but that is quite normal)

Lan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They are a good band and i still like their music.
They just have a very good vocalist and the music transports a special energy as well.
It is pretty extreme how many effects the vocalist uses.

And what i find funny:
In the playthrough videos with his 9-string, he usually does not even touch the lowest string once.
It is just there ... and he has to watch out not to hit it accidentally.
I guess he just loves the feeling that he could go crazy any moment and start playing super evil low stuff... if he wanted to :)
Or do i miss something here? I watched only 2 videos and i am quite sure he never used the lowest string. (okay i guess he never used the two highest strings either... but that is quite normal)
Quite a lot of their songs are very playable on 6 strings; so when I went into his playthroughs, I was really interested to see how he’s using that extended range; but it’s nothing really groundbreaking haha. I figure the 9 string is so he can play songs from multiple albums in the same set without having to change guitars maybe? I’m sure someone here knows better.

His YouTube playthroughs are basically ESP Customs aspirational material. I did find them really interesting to see how he approaches some of his riffs - it really highlights how Deftones is a band that’s definitely more than the sum of its parts.

-Neonblack-

Blood Moon Studio
Reaction score
Deftones is a band that’s definitely more than the sum of its parts.
Yes, that is a good description.

Is there a song or playthrough, i could check out that uses the 9th string?
How low do they go? / What is their lowest song?

OT: If you know bands that tune as low as Drop F or lower, please write me a recommendation - maybe as a private message - so this thread does not go OT too much.

')