This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
i liked the skullet but its understandable that its gone since he's not really doing SYL anymore, it reminds me of infinity era dev now :wub:

personally i dont mind how the hell he has his hair, he just needs to make more music, because lets face it Dev is the fucking man

Rebourne

Banned
Reaction score
The skullet was pretty badass but it's his hair.

I definitely want a Ziltoid 2, would be awesome if he made the whole thing into a puppet movie musical.

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
yeah this is crazy, i didnt beleive it when i heard it either. My ol lady was hanging out with him nd byron in the studio a few weeks ago and she told me his hair was alll gone. I need to grab me tha ziltoid album

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
You can always reattach dreadlocks though. I'm not sure whether Devin will do that, but it's possible. I'm gonna do that if I shave my temples in the future, as I don't want to waste the dreads I have there.

I can be the next skullet dude then. With my genes, it'll take 10 years though. Then I'll get all the ladies n' stuff :cool: I would just look dumb with a shaved head, so the skullet is the way to go. Unless they come up with the hair cloning thing which I read about some time ago.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
I definitely want a Ziltoid 2, would be awesome if he made the whole thing into a puppet movie musical.

i think that was the initial idea for ZTO but i think he went with what he knew over something that could have been hugely expensive, although i'd still love to see ZTO in full Jim Henderson feature length musical weirder than the weird muppets glory :agreed:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
^ I think you mean Jim Henson. But yeah, that would have been great!

bulb

Reaction score
oh man totla DO NOT WANT to the skulletpwn, but i guess i understand why he did it, my hair is shorter than ever now as well and damn it feels good to be a gangsta/not have to deal with my hair ever!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
oh man totla DO NOT WANT to the skulletpwn, but i guess i understand why he did it, my hair is shorter than ever now as well and damn it feels good to be a gangsta/not have to deal with my hair ever!

+1 :agreed:

Might be one of the best things I've ever done for my sanity.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
My hair's actually easier to deal with long :lol: When my hair's short, it sticks up in the back, and lays flat at the front :lol: So, rather than being a slave to hair gel or other forms of hair products, I keep it long and let gravity do the work :lol:

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Very possibly the best album ever writen in my honest opinion.

Not so much as metal or chillout rock but just as music! its stunning how amazingly perfect it is. I bought it years ago and litrully hasnt left my CD player since i got it and is still there now :yesway:

This album changed my life! Litrully!

Before i heard it i was an angry little shit who noone wanted anything to do with and only listened to the most insulting punishing death metal there was and didnt give a shit if it was as heavy as it gets.
A mate showed me Terria. Known SYL, i figured id give it a listen. "Devin is heavey as fuck!" I thought. Put it on and (iv no idea why) but the moment i realised its not going heavey i DIDNT turn it off.
Got to the end of the album in complete stunned shock. i didnt even know music like that was possible! and by the guy who writes SYL songs?!?!?! :bowdown:

Completly changed my way of thinking espesh towards music. basically tought me the value of melody.

Earth Day

Live

Stagnant

Deep Peace solo - not whole song amazing tune/solo still

The last 3 songs on the album are 1 song in my mind. there not, but i never ever listen to just one on its own. i cant help but have all 3

"Nobody's here" is the most chilled out dynamic and epic beyond epic thing ever EVER... just ... HOLY SHIT its great

then into "Tiny Tears". Beautiful, and almost seemingly a love/forgivness song. like the song before very ambience and hugly dynamic. great solo with many mood changes and takes u on a massive emotional journey. Amazing

and into "Stagnant" (above) which is the happy ending almost. much more upbeat and very likable with great melodies.

For me, this was one of those albums where over the years, at some point, every song has been my fav on the album. and everytime i listen to it i hear something new and beautifully amazing.
When someone asks the "if you stranded on a desert island with 3 cds. Which would you choose?" question i say "Devin Townsends Terria", you can keep the other 2 :D

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Basically, what he said...

I got 'Terria' on impulse about 6 years ago, just to see what the fuss about DT was, and it blew me away. It's an beautiful, intense, epic piece of music (it's one of the few albums where I'll happily listen to the whole thing in on go and then immediately hit the repeat button), but at the same time it has moments with a really innocent, child-like quality.

Plus, the guitar playing is some of Devin's best ever IMHO. Some of the solos are simply beautiful ('Stagnant' and 'Nobody's Here'), and the tones and orchestration on the rhythm parts all the way through are simply unsurpassed.

I was actually listening to 'Stagnant' on the way home today...it always lifts my mood a little at the end of a hard day.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Basically, what he said...

I got 'Terria' on impulse about 6 years ago, just to see what the fuss about DT was, and it blew me away. It's an beautiful, intense, epic piece of music (it's one of the few albums where I'll happily listen to the whole thing in on go and then immediately hit the repeat button), but at the same time it has moments with a really innocent, child-like quality.

Plus, the guitar playing is some of Devin's best ever IMHO. Some of the solos are simply beautiful ('Stagnant' and 'Nobody's Here'), and the tones and orchestration on the rhythm parts all the way through are simply unsurpassed.

I was actually listening to 'Stagnant' on the way home today...it always lifts my mood a little at the end of a hard day.

I got it in my car aswell :D
the vocal melodies get me everytime on everysong
so many layers and it all blends so well
perfection if there is such a thing

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Anything Hevy Devy does musically is just jaw dropping amazing. I sure hope SYL puts out at least one more album. At any rate, I want a new Townsend album whether its DTB, SYL, or a solo album. I want new music from him in any form! :lol:

His production work is amazing too. The new Darkest Hour album is damn amazing.

')