Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
I'm happy to be back and to say that both Epicloud and the bonus disc, Epiclouder are awesome.

that is all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dooky

Reaction score
I'm a huge Devin fanboy (he is the one that got me into sevenstring guitars), but I tend to agree with DLG and I'm a bit surprised at the flak he's been copping for his opinion.
It's a good album, but I don't think it's anywhere near the same calibre as his other albums. It just feels a bit dry & uneventful for the most part for me. A lot of the songs just don't hold my attention or draw me in.
I know Devin said it's a change of style and I appreciate that he does what he feels and aims to make completely original music/albums, which is something I really like about Devin - But I don't think it's an amazing album like some people are saying. :shrug:

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
I think between Epicloud and the bonus album (I don't consider it to be anything less) there are enough winning tracks to create your own personalized version of Epicloud. I actually think I'm enjoying Epiclouder more than Epicloud itself. ThEre are some awesome tracks on Epiclouder.

Last edited:

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I'm a huge Devin fanboy (he is the one that got me into sevenstring guitars), but I tend to agree with DLG and I'm a bit surprised at the flak he's been copping for his opinion.
It's a good album, but I don't think it's anywhere near the same calibre as his other albums. It just feels a bit dry & uneventful for the most part for me. A lot of the songs just don't hold my attention or draw me in.
I know Devin said it's a change of style and I appreciate that he does what he feels and aims to make completely original music/albums, which is something I really like about Devin - But I don't think it's an amazing album like some people are saying. :shrug:
Give it a chance, really. Take the time and just enjoy it, it'll grow on you. I didn't listen to the 2nd half of the album at all and kept listening to Where We Belong and Kingdom over and over.

After Tuesday, and hearing Grace for the first time, it really opened up the rest of the album for me.

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
I check setlist.fm almost everyday to see what to expect when I see him on the 18th and 22nd.. here are some of the more exciting songs. All imo.

War
Seventh Wave
Wild Colonial Boy!
Sunday Afternoon
Babysong!

As the tour goes on it seems like their playing less Epicloud stuff, which I'm neutral about. I really enjoy Epicloud, but also part of me wants to see him play all his 'hits'. Can't really go wrong this tour.

Reaction score
idk about you guys but this really massive sound combined with very uplifting feelings makes this album fucking awesome to me. it's nice to get a very powerful feeling that isn't always so hopeless and depressing and meh.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I check setlist.fm almost everyday to see what to expect when I see him on the 18th and 22nd.. here are some of the more exciting songs. All imo.

War
Seventh Wave
Wild Colonial Boy!
Sunday Afternoon
Babysong!

As the tour goes on it seems like their playing less Epicloud stuff, which I'm neutral about. I really enjoy Epicloud, but also part of me wants to see him play all his 'hits'. Can't really go wrong this tour.
Babysong was weird because it was played as the 3rd one, following Kingdom. It kind of killed the crowd.

But, we got Kingdom, Where We Belong, Lucky Animals, and Grace from Epicloud. War was great.

datalore

awkward soul
Reaction score
Some of the tunes from Epiclouder are darker and more progressive than the Epicloud tunes, which is probably more satisfying for me. Quietus sounds like Devin's take on a spy movie theme, and The Mind Wasp is unlike anything I've ever heard from Devin. Really powerful.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score

War
Seventh Wave
Wild Colonial Boy!
Sunday Afternoon
Babysong!

those are some choice cuts. nice.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Listened to Ocean Machine after work today, was in a terrible mood from the past 4 days of work, and everything just drifted away.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
I haven't heard Epiclouder yet. Need to do so.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
with this album i think he has actually mastered the art of huge production. are there any other albums with a mix this fucking epic?!??!?! im glad he's so prolific, the dude is a downright genius

')