Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Wow, great find on that devy song... I'm excited once again. Eagerly waiting for that Z², but this other album will sound great if this is anything like the rest of it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
MY BODY ISN'T READY

I'm actually way more hyped for Sky Blue than Z2. The whole rock opera thing on Ziltoid doesn't really vibe with me and not many songs on that album stand out for me. Z2 will obviously be better, but eh.

Richie666

Reaction score
So poppy! It's cool though; Epicloud-esque but different in its own right. I can't wait to hear it in the context of the album. Epicloud has a logical flow to it and I assume this isn't too far off from that album. His voice sounds strange during the verses... HMMM

Can't wait for these albums!

KFW

Reaction score
How can you tell the mix quality from a radio rip?

You can still get the overall gist of it. I can tell it's not going to be a compressed and muddy mess like Epicloud. And the vocals aren't those annoying whispery things that he's been doing a lot lately, where you can basically only hear the consonants. Obviously I can't comment on the super high fidelity, but the things that bugged me about the other albums would be obvious no matter if it was a radio rip or CD version.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
I just really, really hope Z2 isn't as boring as Epicloud. I really don't dig the whole rock opera thing, but then again maybe it'll make more sense with Ziltoid.

The thing with Devin is he's set the bar so ridiculously high for himself, every time he only comes out with a "good" album instead of an amazing one it always feels like a let down. :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit that is a beast of a track. I didn't want to listen at firs so I could go into the album blind but man I couldn't help myself and I have no regrets.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
According to Dev's twitter they're still trying to get that figured out. The link should be up sometime this week, though, from what I read.

wankerness

Reaction score
I just really, really hope Z2 isn't as boring as Epicloud. I really don't dig the whole rock opera thing, but then again maybe it'll make more sense with Ziltoid.

The thing with Devin is he's set the bar so ridiculously high for himself, every time he only comes out with a "good" album instead of an amazing one it always feels like a let down. :lol:

Yeah, I strongly disliked Epicloud, it was like a bunch of crummy b-sides from Addicted or something. I only managed to get through it twice. However, the Epicloud tracks on the live Retinal Circus album are pretty awesome despite being nearly identical to the studio versions (Ex, Lucky Animals). I have no explanation for why this is!

guitar4tw

Reaction score
But wait, there is more :yesway:

I listened a minute into this earlier today while it was up. Music sounded awesome, but the soundquality was so compressed that I decided to stop listening. I'm just going to wait for the album to arrive now so I can listen in full CD quality, the music deserves it. :)

wankerness

Reaction score
Dang, apparently the japanese version of this will have a live DVD with it which we don't get? Oh well. I'm definitely getting the three disc version for the version of Z2 without dialogue. :p

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those who missed it, the second video was Ziltoidian Empire. Remember the video of Dave tracking guitars for this? ALL parts from the video are in that song.
Story in this song:
Ziltoid just stole a Poozer and communicates it to the 'Collective'.
The Collective says the War Princess better doesn't find out he did (for his own sake), meanwhile the War Princess screams one of her kids is gone.
When the Collective wants Ziltoid to show the Poozer to them, it sneaks away, flies through a wormhole, and reports to his mother about what happened, and who did it..... *song ends*
The announcer, the collective, and the war princess all sound awesome :D, and ofcourse, Zilly at his best :lol:

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Dev tweeted a pic of a new Framus Custom

First pics of the new @WarwickFramus Ziltoid V! Baritone, 7 string, Evertune, EMG, l.e.ds, lasers and a FOG MACHINE!

ByuAB4zCUAAWNLM.jpg

ByuAmpiCAAAxe0N.jpg

')