TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I love DTB. I think Devin said the next SYL album is going to be like something between SYL and DTB. I'm looking forward to it! I'm also looking forward to seeing that ESP 8-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Your dad must be the coolest dad ever. Wasn't he the one in the Cryptopsy shirt, or was that someone else's pops?

My dad. :D haha, is cool. Pretty grumpy at times but he is metal. :metal: Something I have to thank him for because if he was not I wouldnt be listening to the music I listen to or even play guitar. :yesway:

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome, Ocean Machine was a landmark album for me. When it came out 8/9 years ago (Oh god, am I really that old? Was it really that long ago? :ugh: ), didn't leave my CD player for about two years.

It really reminds me of a period in my life where I was seeing this girl who lived a few hours drive away and I'd have that on in the car on the journeys. The girl? Long gone. The music? Still blows my mind.

Check out 'Things beyond things', awesome (although, if you fall asleep to it, the hidden scream will shock the shit out of you)

Wiz

Reaction score
Was listening to that album the other day. It's truly epic, a great journey.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Regulator slays.

Truth.

Still, this disc pales next to Terria. But, that said, what a genius album. The first half or so... "Life" rules, but it's not that memorable until you hit "Greetings," and then suddenly it's like the greatest metal album ever. :metal:

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
Terria and Synchestra are my favorites from Devy but I love all of it. His next project, Ziltoid the Omniscent, is in the works. Can't wait.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just revisited this album, having put it away for a while, and rediscovered how much I loved it the first time round.

Incredible songs, beautiful guitar tones (particularly on 'Stagnant' and 'Nobody's Here'), amazingly clear production considering how much is going on in any given second, and the perfect blend of emotion and slightly sadistic humour...

Love it...:)

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got that one. I only listened to it once, I don't know why. I kinda just forgot about it. :shrug:

I think I'm going to listen to it again sometime.

Wiz

Reaction score
Very hard to get into. I found Ocean Machine to be more palatable, but I'm still working on Terria.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Terria is, IMO, Devin's best. If you like him, it's worth buying simply for the liner notes and artwork.

I have "What Would Devin Townsend Do" taped to the front of my monitor for the simple fact that this album exists. :agreed:

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Terria is, IMO, Devin's best. If you like him, it's worth buying simply for the liner notes and artwork.

I have "What Would Devin Townsend Do" taped to the front of my monitor for the simple fact that this album exists. :agreed:

:agreed:

Some of the best production ever.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I just revisited this album, having put it away for a while, and rediscovered how much I loved it the first time round.

Incredible songs, beautiful guitar tones (particularly on 'Stagnant' and 'Nobody's Here'), amazingly clear production considering how much is going on in any given second, and the perfect blend of emotion and slightly sadistic humour...

Love it...:)

Yup, his use of ambiance to make things sound huge is unparalleled. :bowdown: If you're only going to buy three Devy albums (I have them all) 1. Ocean Machine, 2. Terria, and 3. City... IMHO.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
This CD didn't leave my stereo for about a year after it came out. It's like a CD shaped slice of Deity brains.

')