This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
It's in the lineup of things to come.

I was browsing around on Spotify and it seems a lot of his solo stuff is back up along with the DTP discog, which means Epicloud should go up tomorrow-ish.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
My special edition won't be delivered until the 5th of October, Amazon just told me! :(

AlexEdwards

Reaction score
I've always felt every dev album has brought something new to the table..was expecting this with epicloud and I was honestly left more than satisfied!

The record truly is EPIC and LOUD. I love the whole new "uplifting" sound he's crafted on this one.

Krullnar

Reaction score
By A Thread boxset is ridiculous.

Deconstruction live is blowing my mind. One of the great achievements not only by Devin, but of all mankind. Juular... fucking chills. This is seriously almost too good. The sound quality is sick... everyone buy this now

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
:hbang:

Attachments

• WP_000598.jpg
    WP_000598.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 55

Krullnar

Reaction score
I can't not hear Devin saying 'you really got me' over the riff in Liberation after hearing that commentary.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I didn't.

It's not up on Spotify yet, but all 5 CDs from By a Thread are. It's nice to be able to relive the awesomeness that is Kingdom live.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I was walking down to the dining hall to pick up dinner and at the campus bar they were playing Divine. I was simultaneously shocked and ecstatic and stood there like an idiot until it ended.

soliloquy

Reaction score
so...i just came back from seeing the amazing eyegasm that i experienced in the form of devin townsend.

holy hell! i knew it would be an awesome show coz his songs are awesome, but then he threw an amazing show with his antics as well.

the show started off with:
stolen babies. thought they were interesting. they reminded me of Diablo swing orchestra, just a boring version of em. i enjoyed em, just not that much. they had an accordion which i thought was interesting. and they also had 2 drummers. one who was playing the drums, the other who was hitting on metal drums (as in the ones you put oil in). intersting...

then paradise lost. they threw an awesome show. dont know the names, but the bald guitarist, i LOVED his energy through out the show. though their treble was a bit too high and i felt my ears hurting after their first song.

katatonia hit. i thought they were okay, as did my friend who came to the show just for katatonia. odd thing that their second last song was HUGE with great energy and it would have been a great song to end their set with. but they ended it on a more mellow note. one of their guitarist who uses a shecter, it wasn't his day today. he kept changing his guitar after every song. i counted 4, but they all looked the same (schecter solos 6 in white), so kinda hard to tell. just different bridges.

and then devin townsend came in. suddenly the hall just exploded. he's such a fun guy. before he came out, he had a dumb-show (not a stupid show, but pre-show...its Shakespearean...) where he had pictures of him in oddly familiar stuff. like he photoshopped his face to 50cent, then the sun from teletubbies and other stuff. then a weird show showing the top youtube videos. and then he comes out on stage, jokes around and we all love it. half way through he kisses a bald bouncers head, and humps another bouncers head. he dances to lucky animal and another song from epicloud i dont know the name of. his farmus guitars looked beautiful! he pulled out a tele-esque guitar that had a flamed maple top with red/orangeish burst finish and rosewood or roasted maple fret board. it might have been peavey, not sure, but that was amazing too.

and what i loved about the show was that it was being held in the opera house in toronto. opera house has 2 floors, and for some reason no one ever goes to the top floor. me, realizing i'm too old for the 'sea of black' and moshing, i decided to hang out on the 2nd floor away from the harassing and what not. i got the drum stick from townsends drummer. i almost caught it, it slipped my fingers, hit my lip, and my friend caught it...

eitherway, it was brilliant. my friend wasn't too familiar with DT, and now hes hooked. such a brilliant show!

we were sitting up here:
480933_10100425720814597_1818075591_n.jpg

i really wanted a shirt, but the lineup was too big. should have gotten it at the show, the price for the shirt online is a touch too high...

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I hate you for getting to see Paradise Lost, they were sick when they came though here. I did see the guys, I just didn't get to talk to them.

The Sadowsky tele was a beaut, for sure, but nothing beats that single cut Framus, it had such a great sound to it.

I really want a video of Badger Badger with Ziltoid in it. That was awesome.

soliloquy

Reaction score
he played vampire at the show last night.
their second guitarist, the guy playing the silver burst baritone SE, he made these really interesting metal platforms that their bass, devin and the rhythm guitarist were standing on, and it kept changing light too. it was something that their rhythm guitarist made which was awesome!

and its his framus white washed guitar that had me drooling all over. but then again, all his guitars were awesome, even his peavey V guitar.

')