The Devries Mythos?

• Thread starter TheMasterplan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
I see some casual references to someone or something known as "Devries" or "DeVries" but after extensive searching I still have no idea where this originates. Can someone give me an overview so I can understand what people are after when they make the reference?

Thanks

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong section/has been discussed before. I did search, but I didn't find anything and it's rather interesting to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Devries is one of those people that calls himself a "luthier" and makes really low quality instruments that are extremely crappy all around from what I've heard.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Devries is one of those people that calls himself a "luthier" and makes really low quality instruments that are extremely crappy all around from what I've heard.

But is it a specific reference to an actual person or is it like calling someone that has no ID on them a "John Doe"?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I think he was the guy that first killed superman.

Seriously though he's awesome.

Reaction score
SUPER-HANDSOME MOD EDIT: keep the internet detective stuff off ss.org, if you don't mind.

Guys he is back on eBay,

Trading as Osarflies.
eBay My World - oscarflies

Now what we do have is Devries Custom Guitars Address

123 Deletedbyasuperhandsomemod Street
Nudemanistan
Scotland 77777

I know there are a lot of you dying to catch up with him.
and you can now even see it on google earth as well.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Yup, that's him alright. He has a current auction for a custom built ash guitar body, and in the auction page, he links to a Youtube video of that Rose Tattoo band, the one that Devries simply made a guitar that looked like the same one buddy played so he could advertise that he made the real thing.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Yup, that's him alright. He has a current auction for a custom built ash guitar body, and in the auction page, he links to a Youtube video of that Rose Tattoo band, the one that Devries simply made a guitar that looked like the same one buddy played so he could advertise that he made the real thing.

Bear in mind that the Rose Tattoo guy is also dead and therefore unable to dispute anything.

Latest posts

')