The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
We can't see the medium and high portions of your parametric eq

There set flat, so their irrelevant. I just bumped the low mids a c-hair is all.

And much more importantly it's an external IR. Which IR did you use?

I have it set with the "Fredman Straight" IR right now, but it also sounds great with the stock Mesa 4x12 cab sim. I'm gonna be experimenting with some other Mesa 4x12 IR's however...probably V30 loaded ones.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
I'm wondering about playing this through a combo amp, specifically the Roland JC-120. I know it was mentioned before (I think by S7eve) but there was no follow up as to how it worked or if anyone tried it.

My specific situation is, should I get a Genz Benz G-flex 212 and some tube amp (probably Carvin). Or, if that falls through, would the JC make a good alternate. I know it handles the Jazzy clean great, but how about a tight, heavy distortion? I've heard that it takes pedals terribly, but wasn't sure about a preamp.

Any insights or suggestions are welcome:)

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a JC120 until I tried the GSP1101 through one first and I have no way of doing that.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Is there a proper way to record a dry signal with the 1101? I just go into x-edit and turn everything off.

Also when I use any amp sim VST, it sounds like crap. Am I doing it wrong? I click fx on the track, then choose Lepou Lecto VST, but it sounds super buzzing and grainy, like when when you record without an IR.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
c60 is out.

and probably fairly buggy. I hope Stan gets the full bug reporting from the user community and settles down to fix them without adding or changing anything else. We all want a stable final version of the firmware. Hopefully C61 or C62 and DONE.

Metalman X

Reaction score
and probably fairly buggy. I hope Stan gets the full bug reporting from the user community and settles down to fix them without adding or changing anything else. We all want a stable final version of the firmware. Hopefully C61 or C62 and DONE.

Indeed. I'm still running C58 for this reason. Works fine, sounds great, does what I need it to do. So I'm just gonna sit back and wait a few weeks and see what develops before I start updating every 2-3 days again.

That said, if anybody remembers those issues I mentioned earlier in the thread about not getting my FCB1010's expression pedals to work with the 1101? Well....with C58 they now work perfectly, and I hadn't fucked with them in awhile. I just stepped on one the other day on accident and it made my volume go down...so I fiddled with it some more, and lo and behold, they work now with the 1101's new firmware. I NEVER could get them working with C48.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Indeed. I'm still running C58 for this reason. Works fine, sounds great, does what I need it to do. So I'm just gonna sit back and wait a few weeks and see what develops before I start updating every 2-3 days again.

That said, if anybody remembers those issues I mentioned earlier in the thread about not getting my FCB1010's expression pedals to work with the 1101? Well....with C58 they now work perfectly, and I hadn't fucked with them in awhile. I just stepped on one the other day on accident and it made my volume go down...so I fiddled with it some more, and lo and behold, they work now with the 1101's new firmware. I NEVER could get them working with C48.

That's fairly good news! I should get my Uno firmware at once to have a tap tempo option as well.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
This thing just needs a tube power amp emulation (without pre) and I'd buy one. My Piranha into this with a custom impulse would so much easier to move around :) (6U rack is a pain, I'd love to downscale this a bit, even if it means going direct to console.)

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
This thing just needs a tube power amp emulation (without pre) and I'd buy one. My Piranha into this with a custom impulse would so much easier to move around :) (6U rack is a pain, I'd love to downscale this a bit, even if it means going direct to console.)

errr, aren't most custom impulses an image of the sound going through a power section and a cab? Or were you meaning you specifically want emulation of all the little nuances?

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like some power tube distortion, it gives more punch, compression and makes everything more agressive in my experience. I tired the power amp emulation of Revalver MKIII that way, it worked great!

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I'd like some power tube distortion, it gives more punch, compression and makes everything more agressive in my experience. I tired the power amp emulation of Revalver MKIII that way, it worked great!

The recabinet impulses capture a lot of Power Tube distortion...really makes the Mark IV model shine.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score

Separate power amp emulation had been discussed as a possible upgrade. Turns out not to be feasible for 1101. So don't count on it ever happening.

Metalman X

Reaction score
Separate power amp emulation had been discussed as a possible upgrade. Turns out not to be feasible for 1101. So don't count on it ever happening.

I remember that. Was hoping it'd happen. I mean, just think of the possibilities!

Well, if Digitech ever makes something like an 1102, I'm hoping that's something we'll be seeing.

But yes....I do believe some impulses will do something similar, at least.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Is it possible to record a dry signal will listening to a wet signal? I'm not sure if anyone has tried this, or reamping in general with the GSP.

Reaction score
I don't think dry rec/wet monitor and reamping is a possibility with any current Digitech MFX processor. Unless you use additional outboard gear, of corpse.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I think the best you can do as for output is send amp w/cab to the xlr out and amp w/o cab to the 1/4" output (to your amp or power amp).

Latest posts

')