The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ckackley

Reaction score
Alrighty.. Been seriously thinking about this one. I currently use an RP500 and love it.(Actually been using nothing but Digitech since the RP10 came out YEARS ago) I've heard that the GSP uses the same program to edit patches ? If so I would be able to save all of my current patches from the RP500 then reload them into the GSP from my computer? The idea of getting the guts of my rig "off the floor" is apealing as well as quicker patch changes. Having just the floorboard controller on stage would be nice rather than the huge pedalboard of auxillary pedals I use now.

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
Wanted to hear my direct tone with gsp and recorded this..decided to show you guys.

Mark Iv pre.
Screamer.
Cs Comp
Gate.
Vntg 4x12

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Settings please - every other MarkIV patch/settings people have put up sounds really crappy.

AustinxAtomic

Reaction score
seriously considering getting this after Christmas.

Can someone compare this to the Line 6 POD X3 Pro?

Basically, I want something rack.
I want something with tones like BTBAM, occasinal djent, and good cleans.
I want something I could POSSIBLY play acoustic through.
And finally, something decent for recording.

Is this for me?

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
I like it for all those things, it's a great all-in-one on a budget. I have no experience with the POD though.

Seems like people get better recording with the POD though. This is probably just because everyone and their mother has one, so great techniques have been found. I don't doubt the 1101's recording capability though. Once I get an interface and proper headphones I'll let you know and throw up some clips.

I've never played an acoustic through it, but I don't think it would sound bad.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
The new firmware versions for the 1101 support user cabs. A big boost to the direct recording capabilities.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Do tell! Are they free? I still cant break away from that e530 patch. Tried the JCM800 for a bit and sounded great at home, low volume. But loud through my cab at practice it was very harsh for some reason. Still haven't dialed in what I want out of the Recto models. Sumn kinda "high endy" in them I don't like at practice volume.

I totally agree that the Recto models are very 'high end-y' and even using custom IR's it's hard to dial out. I've switched to bass in my band, so I'm limited to using mine with headphones/monitor speakers so I can't really comment on how my settings sound through a power amp/cab setup.

As far as high gain goes, I'd say the best amps on the 1101 are the Randall RG100, MK IV, 5150 and the Carvin.

If you want some awesome free IR's, here's a couple of links:

http://www.acmebargig.com/download.php?id=39

http://relivethefuture.com/music/patches/GuitarHacksImpulses.rar

For the first link, when you un-rar the file, the impulses are in the folder marked " Catharsis ". Like I said in previous posts, the IR's in those links completely blow away the stock ones. They bring a bit of clarity to the amps without being too 'fizzy' like the Pod XT tended to be. All you have to do is update the firmware to version 57 or higher from mustbebeta and get the 'IR Loader' program. Then you'll have 10 'user' slots in the cab section to load in whatever impulses you want and it's absolutely worth it.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Hey dudes!

So I got a GSP1101 last week and I got the e530 patch and a few 5150 and Mark IV patches and I tweaked them with these studio monitor headphones I have here at home and I had some patches that I thought were sounding pretty good...

Today I went to my drummers house and plugged the GSP into the effects return of my friends 6505+ and was blown away, shit sounded awesome.

BUT, when we used the GSP direct into my drummers Protools interface for some reason we could not dial out this fizzy zipper fart sound in the high end.

I'm thinking it may have to do with the pickup in my guitar cause it is a D-Activator X which has mad high output. But has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy way to get rid of the fizz? We tried messing with the Parametric EQ and the amp settings in the GSP but we couldn't get rid of it :lol: it was very frustrating.

Any help from you masters of the GSP?

EDIT: We tried using a bunch of different cabs on the GSP as well as some of the Catharsis and Sneap forum impulses but we couldn't get rid of it! My drummer described it as a "scratchy" sound in the high end. He is a pretty ridiculous studio engineer so I trust his ears :lol:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Try a different guitar to eliminate that as an issue. I battled this too until I changed out some electronics in my guitars. Sometimes its a selector switch or pot that adds that grainy kinda buzz you hear, right before your gate kicks in. Had a song I was recording that had palm mutes in drop A that rang out a little, and right when it started to fade I heard some kind of grainy, fizzy buzzing sound. Finally got pissed and ordered a Blackout for my bridge. Came with pots and jack, so eliminated all the possible culprits. Plus way quieter than passives.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I totally agree that the Recto models are very 'high end-y' and even using custom IR's it's hard to dial out. I've switched to bass in my band, so I'm limited to using mine with headphones/monitor speakers so I can't really comment on how my settings sound through a power amp/cab setup.

As far as high gain goes, I'd say the best amps on the 1101 are the Randall RG100, MK IV, 5150 and the Carvin.

If you want some awesome free IR's, here's a couple of links:

http://www.acmebargig.com/download.php?id=39

http://relivethefuture.com/music/patches/GuitarHacksImpulses.rar

For the first link, when you un-rar the file, the impulses are in the folder marked " Catharsis ". Like I said in previous posts, the IR's in those links completely blow away the stock ones. They bring a bit of clarity to the amps without being too 'fizzy' like the Pod XT tended to be. All you have to do is update the firmware to version 57 or higher from mustbebeta and get the 'IR Loader' program. Then you'll have 10 'user' slots in the cab section to load in whatever impulses you want and it's absolutely worth it.

Thanks! Didn't even see you post that. I'll try em out over the holiday. Still trying to find something to unseat the e530 patch as ruler of my rythm channels.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Did you turn on the low pass filter (LPF) in the amp/cab options?

I didn't even know about it, so I just checked and it appears it was off. Does it matter that we used the 1/4 out into his interface and not the XLR?

And to op1e, I don't think it is my wiring I think that my pickup has too intense of a bass response. It sounds good for live playing cause it's really chunky but it may be too much for recording purposes. I'll try out some different guitars on my patches tomorrow! :lol:

')