The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

Ardez

ThePolarBearBrawler
Reaction score
You sure you didn't just scroll to the 99 stock presets on accident?

Omg if I'm so stupid... Have to check that out today... I'm having a bad feelin' about this (insert random star wars voice)... Embarrasment on it's way :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Omg if I'm so stupid... Have to check that out today... I'm having a bad feelin' about this (insert random star wars voice)... Embarrasment on it's way :D

At least it's an easy fix. I've done it once or twice before, and gotten really worried for a couple seconds. :lol;

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Just looking for answers on the strange buzzing. Happens at the tail end of palm mutes right before the gate kicks in. Does it with the ADA, the Peavey. Patch cables have switched around. Its not my power amp, cause the Rocktron is down right now. Its done it with 3 different guitars as well. Maybe this is why it was an open box for $400. I'll try different firmware but not holding my breathe.

Reaction score
Alright.
So I got a used Korg DTR1000 in the mail today.
Everything is working, got my tone, tuner works, and my rack is looking good.

So I got it from the Digi (Send) to the DTR (In) then the DTR (out) to the Digi (mono return)
Is that correct? lol
My only problem is the volume level drops when it's setup like that and the loop on Xedit is on

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
Only just started experimenting with impulses in my GSP1101 (I'm running beta firmware c63). Here's a vid comparing the stock Greenback cab with the free Redwirez impulse 4x12 Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks mic'd with an SM57 1" away from the cone:

I'm digging it so much I made it my universal cab. :hbang:

**(please excuse the sloppy playing - 6 weeks ago I did a Tony Iommi and sliced off the tip of my middle finger. Luckily, it's on my picking hand, not my fretting hand, but holy shit, talk about freakin' PAIN!!!)

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I use the Sneap Edge as my global cab, but lately recording I've really started to like this custom Mode 4 cab impulse I found on one of those forums. What level do you set you IR's when you load them?

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
I use the Sneap Edge as my global cab, but lately recording I've really started to like this custom Mode 4 cab impulse I found on one of those forums. What level do you set you IR's when you load them?

I'm not sure... whatever the default thing is, I suppose(it's 3:40am right now, so I can't fire up my rack and check it out). I just loaded em up and started jamming. I'm just getting into the impulse thing, but I'm LIKING it!

I also have some of the same Greenback-loaded 1960A cab mic'd with a Neumann U87 condenser mic and a Royer 121 ribbon mic, but they're abit too bassy, at least at the cone position, so I went with the good old tried-n-true SM57. I'm sure I could tweak the preset abit to suit em, but this was my first shot at trying out impulses on the GSP1101. :yesway:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
SO whats the cab named in that pack? 1960A SM57 off axis? These IR packs can be confusing sometimes.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
The best set of IRs that I've come across is probably the Guitar Hacks set. Also, if you go to guitarampmodeling.com, there's a whole forum dedicated to impulses. It's free to sign up and there are a TON of free ones to try out. I highly recommend checking it out.

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
SO whats the cab named in that pack? 1960A SM57 off axis? These IR packs can be confusing sometimes.

it's listed as this: Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-Cone-1in

I'm using the impulses from the 44.1hz 24-bit folder of the free Redwirez 1960A Greenback download.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Ok, I have that. Oh ya, guitarampmodeling.com is where I got that Mode 4 cab. Its pretty good.

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
okay, I was loading up some new impulses into the GSP1101 tonight and I actually paid attention to the cab loader(LOL)...

they are running at -6 db.

scottytruth

Reaction score
What up! new to the site, but have gleaned a lot of GREAT info from the forums...

So the symptoms are:
1. GSP1101 worked a week ago - powered thru standard Furman conditioner.
2. GSP doesn't even turn on now in the rack - all connections checked, everything else powers on. Except the digitech...
3. No pops, smoke or otherwise on plug in/ turn on; However, there is a faint smell of ozone (electrical) inside the back of the rack even if unplugged

just hoping it's a blown fuse and that it's cheap to replace.:scratch:

I was wondering if anyone's ever had a blown GSP fuse, and if that sounds like the problem... and what does it cost? It's an ebay purchase, so there's no warranty

Peace.

vansinn

Reaction score
I don't write (much) in this thread, though I do have a GSP1101, and can't comment too much on your problem, other than checking that fuse first thing.
IIRC, from opening the GSP, it also has fuses soldered to the board as well, but I might mistake those from overvoltage protections (like tranzorbs).

I'd say your problem might be better suited for the electronics board.

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
:bowdown: Electric Wizard "Black Masses" :bowdown: Digitech GSP1101 preset

a tone I designed awhile back - you can see the exact settings in the video:

ExousRulez

Banned
Reaction score
Does the gsp have a tubescreamer model stock? I find it weird that the rp1000 has much more features than the gsp, when the gsp is suppose to be their top of the line product you know? Is there a difference in sound between the rp1000 and gsp? Looks like the rp is much better than the gsp in every way. Note-this will be used with my amp and not for direct recording or anything like that, just for effects and amp model playing.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Does the gsp have a tubescreamer model stock? I find it weird that the rp1000 has much more features than the gsp, when the gsp is suppose to be their top of the line product you know? Is there a difference in sound between the rp1000 and gsp? Looks like the rp is much better than the gsp in every way. Note-this will be used with my amp and not for direct recording or anything like that, just for effects and amp model playing.

The big thing with the 1101 is that there's a website called mustbebeta.com (it operates totally independent of Digitech) and they've been writing firmware updates for it. As of update 48 or 49 (I think) they've included all the amps & effects that were in the RP1000 but not in the 1101. So, if you get the update, there are 3 different TS9s. There's the stock one,one labeled "modded" and an 808. Not only that but included with the update, you get the ability to load in 10 custom cab sims of your own (these are called impulse responses and it's what programs like Amplitube, Re-Valver, etc.. use for their cabinet sims).

So, out of the box the RP might seem like a better deal with a few more effects and a looper but if you upgrade the firmware, it becomes a whole different beast. If you check around here and a few other sites, you'll find a bunch of sound comparisons between tones made with stock cabs and ones made with custom loaded ones.

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
yup, the GSP1101 with the firmware updates from Stan(a Digitech employee who started mustebebeta.com, with Digitech's UNofficial blessing) - the final version is c63(he had to get to work on new Digitech stuff, so that's it) - is a HUGE step up from the out-of-the-box version.

Tonally-speaking, there is NO DIFFERENCE between the RP1000 and the GSP1101, BUT the GSP1101 has 2 of the AudioDNA 2 chips, allowing reverb & delay tails spillover, so your trails will continue naturally even after switching to another preset. The RP series has 1 AudioDNA 2 chip. (the RP500/1000 units were released after the GSP, hence the additional models)

Some people prefer a rack unit, getting 'the brains' of the outfit up and away from potential on-stage mishaps... some prefer a floorboard unit containing everything in one piece - it's just personal preference. I can personally attest to the amazing build quality of the GSP1101. It's made in the USA and truly 'pro-level' gear.

Xykhron

Reaction score
Mates, I'm considering buying one GSP1101, but I'd like to know your opinnion. My main use will be as FX unit, without amp modeling. I'd like to know how good is it compared with a TC Electronic G-Force and a Rocktron Xpression, my main other two FX units. I watched some videos and sounds nice, but I don't know if this will colour a lot my sound as oldies Digitech used to do (owned in the past 2120, 2112, 2101, DSP256, GSP21). That's not a problem, but I'd like to know it before buying.

Latest posts

')