The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

maxident213

Reaction score
my ONLY gripe with it is that you cant run more than 1 mod effect at a time, For instance when I used to use a digitech whammy, for cleans i liked the mix of the original tone with the plus 1 octave setting, and a nice bit of chorus, but you can only do whammy, or chorus (hence why ill include the seperate chorus).​

Agreed 100% - it's hard to dial in those Buckethead clean tones perfectly with only 1 mod effect.

That's my only gripe with it too though. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Agreed 100% - it's hard to dial in those Buckethead clean tones perfectly with only 1 mod effect.

That's my only gripe with it too though. :yesway:

Yup. However I have a full pedal board from my tube amp rig. I put that out in front and I can add what I want.

The Blackface cleans are very nice, but I am also really liking the Twin Reverb model A LOT.

Reaction score
Yup. However I have a full pedal board from my tube amp rig. I put that out in front and I can add what I want.

The Blackface cleans are very nice, but I am also really liking the Twin Reverb model A LOT.

yeah I had pretty much settled on my clean tones until we played together and it just didnt quite gel as well as the rythms, so a bit of tweaking and experimenting is in order. Pedal board wise Im wanting to keep a minimum of about 3 pedals running all in the rack and all in the GCX loops. The one effect I was dead set on keeping as a pedal was my mxr phase 90, i love that pedal and the digitech phasers just arent quite as cool!! the delays are great in the gsp but my mxr carbon copy is absolutely gorgeous sounding, especially on cleans. What ill probably end up doing is using the CC on my cleans and the digitechs on leads so i get teh tailing off thing.

Ive got as close to a pedal board as possible with the ground control, as ive got it set up in the 4 presets / 8 instant access method. The top 4 buttons bring the pedals in or out stomp box style and the bottom 4 control CC changes so i can control the drive, delay and mods of the digitech in a similar stomp form.

complete ballache working it all out but its been worth it!

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Dual processors for effect trail off on patch change, a better feature or 2 on the firmware.
Not having to run 4 30ft cables from the front of the stage to your head/power amp + stereo outs.

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
does anyone got any good pacthes you can share with me?
i tried gettin singtall's patches but its not working for me :scratch:
and i suck a tweaking stuff, help a brotha out...

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
Would it be wise to buy this simply for the distortion? I dont need any of the effects or an interface. I was looking at engl e 530s when I noticed this.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
If you want distortion from whole amp models, yes. Just for the distortion effects? ...maybe not.

Demeyes

Reaction score
Would it be wise to buy this simply for the distortion? I dont need any of the effects or an interface. I was looking at engl e 530s when I noticed this.
I wouldn't get it as a boost or OD going to a clean channel but if you want it for full metal amp tones minus effects than yes, it's probably worth it. I've started using mine as a preamp playing with my band and my main distortion tones are just amp models from the GSP into a poweramp.

Bevo

Reaction score
Yeah well I bought a dual rec so I am spent!

When I got my GSP and had my Dual Rec I made a patch that was pretty damn close to the Rec. If you played them on its own you would hear a small difference but in the band there was no way you could tell.

That was also the reason I sold it.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite boost in the Dist. block? I mostly use the Pre EQ but seems to me the DoD 250 is easiest to dial in, and the regular screamer is my go to so far as well. Anybody try running one of the pedals into a lower gain amp for something really unique?

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
When I got my GSP and had my Dual Rec I made a patch that was pretty damn close to the Rec. If you played them on its own you would hear a small difference but in the band there was no way you could tell.

That was also the reason I sold it.
u should share :yesway:

Moro

Big damn hero
Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite boost in the Dist. block? I mostly use the Pre EQ but seems to me the DoD 250 is easiest to dial in, and the regular screamer is my go to so far as well. Anybody try running one of the pedals into a lower gain amp for something really unique?

I'm really digging the MX distortion (MXR that would be) with a Mark IV and cutting down some of the High End with the EQ. Sounds AWESOME to me. I have no idea what it could be comparable to, but I find it quite pleasant. It's crunchy, but high grain, and that's where I'm headed. I'm trying to nail that "Rite of Passage" Petrucci tone, you know, when you hear the guitar coming in in the intro, it's just MASSIVE crunch. I'll report the settings as soon as I nail that.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All this talk about awesome patches with no downloadable links is useless :fawk:

I need a good Mark iV patch but everything I've done makes it sounds weak, thin and crappy. My high gain patch is based off the 5150.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score

I come back time and time again to the Sparkledrive for some reason

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
All this talk about awesome patches with no downloadable links is useless :fawk:

I need a good Mark iV patch but everything I've done makes it sounds weak, thin and crappy. My high gain patch is based off the 5150.

Have you tried using the para-EQ to simulate the graphic EQ on the real amp? Boost a little @ 80hz, cut a little @ 750, play around with the highs.

Set the amp EQ with very little bass, and a good amount of mids and highs.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
New firmware is live. I'm updating now so I obviously haven't tried it out yet. 10 user spots for impulses as cab sims

Bevo

Reaction score
Cool, I take it this is from the Beta site?
What is new about this update?

')