The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrashcomics

Ibanez and Line 6 since 1999
Reaction score
how does the rp1000 compare to the gsp1101? also i am pretty much almost always a bedroom player, how will this thing sound through active monitors? i currently have a peavey60/60 and a krank cab but am thinking of selling them and going all digital

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
You're doing something wrong or are expecting way too much. I use the E530 patch through my power amp/cab and the 5150 direct with the Sneap Edge impulse, and it sounds great. I dont care if I'm running through my half stack or random PA cabs, it sounds great to me. A lot more forgiving when using cheaper cabs than a tube head. I can make it sound good through everything, even my shit Logitech 2.1 computer speakers.

Prove it. Clips or bull. :shrug:

A recorded clip of a direct to interface sound (which is what I described me using the GSP1101 for) from it, else I call bullshit.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
so just to make sure because these are the things in my price range.........pod>gsp1101.

right?

No. In my opinion, the HD500 MAY get there with updates and model packs but it's not yet. And there's no doubt in my mind that the GSP is, in general, a better unit than the X3

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
i've never fooled around with the "direct" setting for the amp model....what is the actual purpose of that "direct" option??

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
There's a custom patch, but it is really just a tweaked 2101 SAT TUBE amp model.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Prove it. Clips or bull. :shrug:

A recorded clip of a direct to interface sound (which is what I described me using the GSP1101 for) from it, else I call bullshit.

Recording on a buddy's tune this weekend, I'll put it up.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Not bad man. Great tone, for that style. Nothing that makes me get too excited though, which has been my relationship with the GSP since day one.

Oh, and you forgot to mute the click track in Cubase. ;)

Jogeta

Reaction score
Not bad man. Great tone, for that style. Nothing that makes me get too excited though, which has been my relationship with the GSP since day one.

Same here if I'm honest! It's useable, and I really dig that you can use 4CM - but the EQ that is built into it isn't as flexible as I would like. Unless I'm totally missing something? Are there High and Low Pass Filters built into it anywhere? Anyone?

Oh, and you forgot to mute the click track in Cubase. ;)

I know! Really wish I could turn it off but the click is embedded in the drum track! :lol:

Suppose I shouldn't complain though - my mate made tracks for all my bands stuff, for free, so that we can still practice while we don't have a human drummer \m/

Your deathcore track sounded brilliant btw :bowdown:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
:lol: No complaining then. :hbang:

And thank you! But you must be nuts! I spent hardly any time at all on that. :lol: I really appreciate it.

Wyldefan916

Reaction score
Is this thing worth the price? I'm looking at getting a Marshall EL34 100/100 Monobloc and I'm looking at either getting this or a JMP1 to go with it until the time comes for an Axe-FX Standard or Ultra.

sojorel

Scourge
Reaction score
I'm in Australia, debating importing a US GSP1101 and rocktron velocity 300. The local price is epic by comparison, so worth the hassle.

Am I going to have power conversion issues? Should I get a US power conditioner and a local voltage converter or get an AU power conditioner?

What about warranties? Are they void if bought international?

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
sojorel you've got PM, I should also warn you my name is about to change to El Caco.

')