The Dillinger Escape Plan - Dissociation (2016, Last Album!)

Mwoit

Reaction score
14641977_10154677867931349_4589794618417662719_n.jpg

Thoughts?

I got my copy today so I'll be giving it a spin. I've not really enjoyed recent TDEP as I find them incredibly formulaic but who knows, this time round might be different. The 2 preview tracks have been nothing special so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
Listening to it now. It's really impressive, but not sure how memorable it'll be to me. As lame as it sounds, I'm having a rush of different emotions over this and I don't really know how to explain it all right now. It'll need a couple of listens to really digest. I'm listening while at work, and for some strange reason I'm actually working even though it's a Friday, so my mind is just not all into it.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I think One of Us Is the Killer was the best thing they did since Miss Machine so I'm f///in pumped!!

Sikthness

Reaction score
I think One of Us Is the Killer was the best thing they did since Miss Machine so I'm f///in pumped!!

agreed. Miss Machine will always be #1 for me, but OOUITK was phenomenal as well. This one seems it'll take time to really sink in. No real standout tracks on the first listen though. A lot of parts remind me of the old Dillinger. Anyway, seeing them on tues i can't wait

Doug N

Reaction score
It usually takes about 10 full listens to a new Dillinger for me to figure out what the hell is happening but I like the new one a lot. I've liked every Dillinger release and a couple of the songs on this one trend towards weird .... like Parasitic Twins, which is kind of a non-traditional Dillinger song. I wish they'd stay together, I like the direction of this one.

protest

Reaction score
Not sure formulaic and The Dillinger Escape Plan have ever found their way into the same sentence before today:lol: Can't wait to pick this one up.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Pretty solid release. Doesn't top One of Us is the Killer for me (yet), but still one hell of a record. Fugue was kind of a trip.
Really enjoyed Surrogate, Manufacturing Discontent, and Apologies not Included.

Rizzo

Reaction score
Got to listen way before release via a PR because of my blog, so here's my review if you're interested
https://somberlanemusic.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/the-dillinger-escape-plan-dissociation-review/

Maybe too much catchy in places (not much depth to the vocal lines I mean, not much "replay" factor) so it still doesn't top Killer or Ire Works for me, by now at least. That being said, as well as other folks I do need quite a lot of spins before I can fully "get" a Dillinger album so time will tell.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not feeling it, since I've only listened it a couple of times, but so far it sounds uninspired to me, with some forced passages/transitions.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
The beginning of that third track reminds me vaguely of some Cynic stuff...

I haven't gotten the album yet, but am glad that I got to see Dillinger live a few years back.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Solid. Contemporary and on par with Ire Works and Miss Machine.

Would echo most sentiments of this thread thus far regarding stand-out tracks and needing more listens.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Just bought it. Gonna listen on the way home today!

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
that moment in Low Feel Blvd when they go full Mahavishnu/Return to Forever :eek:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I haven't had a full listen through, but the songs I have heard are phenomenal. One Of Us Is The Killer was a top album in 2013 for me, so this will probably receive a similar reaction from me. Saddening it's their last album, though.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
so bummed. 32 of us from serbia rented a bus to catch them in zagreb this weekend.

totally sucks, hopefully they'll come back and make up some of the dates later in the year.

Latest posts

')