The Downbeat Deathcore (A.K.A "Sludgewave") Thread

Reaction score
I just call it down-tempo beat-down (or just "beat-down") since it kind of is the next evolution of the original form of beat-down punk music.

But celticelk just brought up my thing: there already is "downtempo" music.......its an electronica subgenre.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
if were just gonna post c-list sludge bands heres some black shape of nexus (their vocalist kinda reminds me of feign)

ot tho, I can dig on some of this #sludgewave shit, that villains joint goes hard as fuuuuuuck. its deathcore extrapolated to its logical endpoint, and while I'm not usually into deathcore, I admire the fact that these dudes have stripped out anything that isnt siqq pit riffment, .... what imns think. its ignant as ...., and they make no pretense about that, which I respect the hell out of. I have to be in the right mood to listen to it, but when I am theres nothing better.
as for the name, its the creation of sgt. d over at sywh, aka the master of pissing off imns.

broj15

Reaction score
how's about we just agree to call it some heavy fvcking shit

celticelk

Reaction score
Who .cares ? Is it really bothering people that it's called something other than what you think it should be called? Is the world in turmoil because it sounds like it could possibly associate itself with another genre?

Christ. :rolleyes:

Not really. I'm bothered because I think it's shitty music. The name thing is just a little extra annoyance on top.

Gothic Headhunter

Born on a Monday
Reaction score
Who .cares ? Is it really bothering people that it's called something other than what you think it should be called? Is the world in turmoil because it sounds like it could possibly associate itself with another genre?

Christ. :rolleyes:

No one is saying that. The only thing we're saying is that the name doesn't fit the music. That's it. No skin off my ass. My point from earlier is that the name doesn't describe the music and is misleading. I mean, you could call it "lawnmower metal" too, but no one would have any f ucking idea what you were talking about. Actually, that name describes the music better than "sludgewave" does.

bioniczero

Reaction score
So there is two sides of this thread - a bunch of awesome heavy shit and a bunch of neckbeards having a cry about a genre name that started as a joke and caught on. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, just leave the damned thread.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Yeah I dig this stuff a lot. I don't think the name is that deceptive. It's like crowbar and deathcore had a slow baby. There's your sludge right there, not sure where the wave part comes in, put who gives a .... :lol:

This is turn your brain off and mosh music :hbang:

Reaction score

...a bunch of neckbeards...

a bunch of neckbeards

A BUNCH OF NECKBEARDS!!!!!!
People still use this term?

Please show yourself to the:
energy-star-recommends-using-exit-signs-that-are-lit-by-leds_405_453483_0_14053954_500.jpg

:lol:

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
I love love love tuning down to 5 string bass register, but why the hell are the lyrics so terrible in all of these bands? it's like reading the diary of a kid going through puberty. so embarrassingly bad.

Traitors - Dead Nerves
Here lies a broken man,
dead and beaten from his own hands.
The wounds internal, self inflicted
Without his consent shapeless men have shifted.

Through my eyes, and through my psyche, my head is heavy through the night.

Here lies a broken man,
dead and beaten from his own hands.
The wounds internal, self inflicted
Without his consent shapeless men have shifted.

So how does it feel? To pull the hammer back,
do you hear a gun CRACK
or does it all just turn to black? [2x]

Death is on both sides of me,
I'm just another faithless being.
These men have come for nobody but me,
and I'm only one step closer to insanity.

Dunno, but I find these lyrics pretty good. And not a single swear word. Do you still think that these lyrics are embarassingly bad? I understand that different people, different tastes, but I really don't find anything "embarassing" here.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score

Mr. Abandonist, I am a great fan of your work, your person and your posts on here. Does the "no" mean that you don't like the music, or just the name? I figure that you'd like this kinda stuff, as you yourself tune extremely low, play slow and minimalistic.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
In a joke band my longtime buddy and I have, we made a song that sounds exactly like the Traitors track called "F... the song, straight to the breakdown"...except we were making fun of the concept.

I didn't think someone would go and do it... :(

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Traitors - Dead Nerves

*lyrics*

... Do you still think that these lyrics are embarassingly bad?...

Absolutely.

The fact that most metal lyrics are utter garbage doesn't change the fact that those aren't good.

It's like crowbar and deathcore had a slow baby.

Also, this is funny on multiple levels, when you think about it.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Absolutely.

The fact that most metal lyrics are utter garbage doesn't change the fact that those aren't good.

Out of curiosity, what kind lyrics do you consider "good" (Could you please post an example)? Not trying to start an argument, just want to know. Personally, my favorite are from Lord Worm (Phobophile and Open Face Surgery are the ones which I especially like) and whoever wrote lyrics for Terminally, Your Aborted Ghost:

Hung Through A Coat Hanger
Hung from hooks of debauchery
In a habitual-like urge of rotting
In their chest cavities ensuing swollen uncontrollable lust
Flesh salivation
Covering their bodies with mucus
Honoring the dead with our flesh of painted sculpture art
Murder scenes
Severing their heads without a blade
Anatomically rotten chiseled features resembling static
Movies
Hours on blank reels and left for six months to rot