The Downbeat Deathcore (A.K.A "Sludgewave") Thread

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
I think it's a bit harsh to say that it's ignorant music, seems like an attempt to start a sarcastic hate thread towards music that you don't actually like, but okay...

I don't like Traitors at all, but I really dig Black Tongue. And there's a similar band from my local scene who are all good friends of mine, and I have to say as much as I (and they) make fun of the genre, they got super popular very fast because if you go to see them live it's impossible not to throw down and have an awesome time. And I think they're really good at what they do. At the end of the day, a lot of people love it. On top of that, those people love making it. If you love what you're doing I think it's insulting for someone to come along and just say that what you enjoy is "ignorant". People said that about deathcore too, and metalcore, and black metal. I make fun of certain bands and genres too, we all do, but this seems a bit much to me... just my opinion.

P.S. I've only heard of it called beatdown and downtempo, not downbeat or sludgewave, so that's news to me.

Nah, I really, sincerely, non-ironically like this music, about to actually purchase quite a few items from the Traitors merchstore, including their EP. It's just poking fun at the things you like, like playfully insulting the females to flirt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bioniczero

Reaction score
I went back through this thread and was surprised by the lack of Beneath The Veil. I haven't heard the newest EP yet, but the last one is crushing.

tm20

Reaction score
i guess this fits the description

is anyone else from sydney seeing them with Thy Art Is Murder at Penrith this saturday? it's a FREE SHOW!!!!! :D

')