The dreaded Harley Benton 7-string (56k: take a short nap)

• Thread starter jarrydn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Insane, know a guy who did customized one of those, his looks insane. Let me find his website.

Invader

97.5 The Brodeo
Reaction score
Looks better than mine. :)

Maybe I should do a second refinish :lol:

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Website of the 7BZH (in french)
So it's in french but full of pictures :D

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

Very nice beside the headshape :lol:

SHREDTOKILL

LOW AND SLOW
Reaction score
what you should do is strip down the headstock one more time and get a ibanez headstock template and reshape the headstock to be exactly like the ibanez head's.
then it would look just right.
when you filled the neck cavity did you put any wood in there or did you just throw some bondo in the cavity?
i would have put a chunk of maple in there and epoxied it in.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
I was initially just going to chop the top point off, because I don't want to try and pass it off as an Ibanez :p

Then I got to thinking of leaving it, and making up a custom logo. Maybe something like "Chibanez" or "Trybanez". I dunno :p

Regarding the neck cavity, i cut a block of wood roughly to size and glued it in with wood glue. Once it had set, I smeared filler all over the top then sanded it flush. I probably should have waited a day or two for it to settle, we've been having pretty crazy weather in Perth ;D

Obscura

Reaction score
I didn't read the entire thread btw, but I am curious as to where to get one of these beasts? Locally in Australia? I am in Adelaide.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
I didn't read the entire thread btw, but I am curious as to where to get one of these beasts? Locally in Australia? I am in Adelaide.

Hey dude, I ordered it from thomann.de

However, I strongly suggest you don't buy one :p. Unless of course you're into un-intonatable guitars with shitty, unlevel fretwork and dodgy routing ;)

They might have picked up their game since a year ago, but more than likely they'll have just gotten worse. Unless you like a challenge, I'd just suggest picking up a second-hand 7321.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
There's somethign like 100 hours of work on it as the guy is no luthier. It was just a "small" project of his. By the way the pickup is a DM Blaze, it certainly sound as awesome as it looks :D

SHREDTOKILL

LOW AND SLOW
Reaction score
I was initially just going to chop the top point off, because I don't want to try and pass it off as an Ibanez :p

Then I got to thinking of leaving it, and making up a custom logo. Maybe something like "Chibanez" or "Trybanez". I dunno :p

Regarding the neck cavity, i cut a block of wood roughly to size and glued it in with wood glue. Once it had set, I smeared filler all over the top then sanded it flush. I probably should have waited a day or two for it to settle, we've been having pretty crazy weather in Perth ;D

so you used a wood filler?
if so.
it is known to shrink over time.
an epoxy or hard liquid plastic would have worked better.
but i see where your going with this one.:wavey:

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Grrr. This is the second time I've done this to a guitar.

I was doing a mockup, just to see how the hardware looked on it (looks pretty sexy by the way ;D), but as I was removing all the pieces I accidentally dropped the pickup on the body. My heart stopped beating, and sure enough, there were two little chips out of the paint.

I've got some green left, so I'll give it the once over, and hopefully it's not too noticeable once the clear goes over the top.

Shredtokill, I would have used epoxy if I had it handy, but I didn't, and I didn't want to spend too much on this project...it's going to be a mess around guitar after all, and if it doesn't look perfect, I'm not too fussed ;D

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That weird looking guitar is pretty sick!

Latest posts

')