The Dubstep Thread!

• Thread starter JoryGriffin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I dabble in it. I do a LOT of electronic music stuff. Primarily Drum N Bass, but my moods are fickle, and I do other stuff to suit my mood at a given moment, including but not limited to dubstep, electro-house, etc.

Don't have any finished/public dubstep tunes, but I'll try to remember to post here when I do. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Not Dubstep, but I'm currently working with two Jungle DJ's on some Jungle/Metal/Groove stuff. I'll get clips and links uploaded when the EP is done. :yesway:

thanatos

Reaction score
i'm more a darkstep/breakcore dnb head but will try to make some dubstep to begin my liveset...
The key is to make really dissonant bassline (sync osc is good for that or wavetable) and put some lfo>cutoff on it
Resampling is the key

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
I listen to alot of both of these genres, and the only artist I have that puts them both together legitimately is the Algorithm. And even he doesnt go too nuts on either end of the spectrum.

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
images

Jango

Reaction score
My drummer and I got in an argument today whether rap is bassier than dubstep. He has subs in his car and, since getting them, listens nearly exclusively to bass-heavy songs. I, however, argued that most dubstep could easily out-bass most rap songs. He quoted some Lil Wayne song that I can't even remember, but I couldn't think of any. So, dubsteppers, what is the song with the most active bass you know?
Yes, this argument probably seems childish, but my drummer isn't the most mature of people.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
You might also want to mention that Drum 'N Bass is extremely bass heavy and fast, it'l lbe sure to give some subs a workout. It is also recommended to not have small animals or children around your subs while listening to DNB as results can be catastrophic...

')