The Dubstep Thread!

• Thread starter JoryGriffin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

clouds

Reaction score
Well I thought I'd post this here as I've seen him mentioned by Tosin and Mark Okubo now, and I know many of you are in DnB and/or Dubstep :cool:. He's got quite a unique sound, and mixes a lot of different stuff in. Amazing production value, too.

Reaction score
Dude Reso is awesome, more people should hear the Temjin EP.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
TBH I tried to get into Reso but It just doesn't flow for me.

I'm more of a Skrillex/Bar 9 kinda guy.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I don't really listen to DUbstep, I recently got into it, but he's pretty much the only guy I find worth listening.

Baldi

Rifftangle.
Reaction score
ha! davidian drum-fill mixed in throughout the second vid

I do like some dubstep, but...
Dubstep is to electronic music what djent is to metal music; there are a lot of people out there using a very simple formula for both genres! very catchy but too often generic.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
I used to listen to a lot of electronic music back in the 90s. my favorite was jungle (AK1200!!), usually hip hop and reggae tracks remixes. dirty grimey stuff. some house, breaks beat, and trance. I got out of it after a few years...

anyways, I've recently tried to get back into it, especially dubstep, because it reminds me of jungle a lot. I've sifted through a lot of shit, and reso is the best, by far. love him.

someone mentioned vent too. he's pretty good.

Reaction score
I need to check out some Reso. I like some dubstep but haven't really heard a lot.... Datsik is the best of what I've heard.

I like psytrance stuff like Infected Mushroom and Sphongle and some trip hop... other than that, I don't really listen to too much electronic music...

')