The Dubstep Thread!

• Thread starter JoryGriffin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AbstractAsylum

Thoroughbred of Sin
Reaction score
Things that can be enjoyed by many but is instead the cause for bandwagon hate.

This^.

I'm checking out James Blake right now. I had heard the name before, and I'm thinking that this is really cool.

This is cool too, and smooth as hell.

Also, nice thread relocation. Sorry about that repost...at least I've learned how to avoid using the vBulletin search system, which has proved to be shit. =\

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
No, it's filed under 'things that people who have nothing good to say about should keep their fucking nose out of them or I'll ban them for spite'.

Also, merged. ;)

Dude asked for opinions. I'll take that as prolonging the fellacio from this point forward. My mistake.

willow

Reaction score
Man, where did all the good dubstep go?? Too many wannabe producers jumped on the bandwagon when dubstep hit the mainstream.

Saying that,

A couple of quality producers from recent times :yesway:

Both of them have albums out now and they're both sick.

AbstractAsylum

Thoroughbred of Sin
Reaction score
Man, where did all the good dubstep go?? Too many wannabe producers jumped on the bandwagon when dubstep hit the mainstream.

Saying that,

A couple of quality producers from recent times :yesway:

Both of them have albums out now and they're both sick.

These are incredible...particularly the second one.

Dru_WaXaW

Reaction score
Here is a video comp of the Dubstep tracks I have on Shift Recordings (Seattle). Good label with a lot of diversity.

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Got to go back to Rusko.... must say, this is some of the sickest sounding shit i've ever heard, at least tonally.....

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score

really chill remix i've been listening to lately. Skrillex does a remix of this, but I prefer this one because i'm fond of the less "filthy" side of Dubstep. I do like indulging in Borgore from time to time, though.

I enjoy Rusko as well, so here are a couple.

aaaand some more

willow

Reaction score
Just listened to this, and it's cool music, but how is it dubstep? It could just as easily be called ambient/downtempo/trip hop...

I'd call it "ambient/dubstep". But it's most certainly still dubstep.

Reaction score
I'd call it "ambient/dubstep". But it's most certainly still dubstep.

But what about it classifies it as dubstep? The only thing even remotely resembling it is the sub bass that kicks in around 55 seconds..... but that kind of bass is used in all kinds of electronic music that isn't called dubstep...

Latest posts

')