The EB MusicMan 7 Club

• Thread starter Norstorm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
^ That song hits me so hard, I had gotten into Pantera around the same time I got into Megadeth and I didn't know that Dime had passed for awhile. I kind of just stumbled onto it when I saw comments like "RIP Dime" on Youtube. Then I heard that song and the aggression and hate is just immense, I still listen to those guys a ton insanely good band.

Might also have another 7 String Troochi on the way once I sort out my finances!

And also, Jakub demo'd a BFR with the Solar Burst Finish and I'm so excited for that one! That finish is honestly one of the best they offer :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicktao

Reaction score
I think jp14 won't happen :( and I'm starting to think they gonna deliver new colours and new things on the Majesty models and not anymore on the BFR shapes.

If they do, they'll loose pretty much their whole JP fanbase except those that like the Majesty.
They're not actually that stupid right?
Then again...

But really, all they have to do is give more color options on the lineup they already have. I don't get why companies don't understand this. There is no cost to R&D, just more colors, it's not that hard.

EB should make no inlays, rosewood/roasted maple necks, and black hardware all permanent options. I know I would immediately order a JPX with a rosewood neck and a clean ebony board.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
What finish did you grab? :p

Had to do the Arctic Dream :) I've wanted that finish for a couple years now and I didn't end up getting it on my JP13 - I didn't wanna wait and/or pay the upcharge; so this is my chance. I LOVE that it's matte finish, too, which is the only thing that differentiates it from Mystic Dream.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
I don't know what to think of it... Dat carbon fiber (or carbon fiber looking) inlay doe.

But no lefty option = no cool

axemanrio

Reaction score
Contact EBMM - I'm guessing you can custom order a lefty version.

decreebass

Reaction score

Yea; I doubt they're gonna mass-produce lefty versions of this just yet, especially with the mixed feelings that have been voiced online about its aesthetics. I imagine that once these things are out in the wild for a while - and have a chance to breed - we'll see some lefties pop up. This is why I think people should just learn to play "right-handed" guitar from the get go; you've really boned yourself by thinking that because you're left-handed you have to play a different guitar than someone who plays right-handed. :) But I'll digress; I know this has been argued up and down in this forum and a bazillion others.

Anyway, I'm sure if you request it with credit card in hand, you'll be able to get it. With the CNC machines, all they have to do (I'm sure) is just click "lefty" and it reverses everything. I honestly think a lefty version of this would look stupid-cool! Let us know if you get one!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
If they do, they'll loose pretty much their whole JP fanbase except those that like the Majesty.
They're not actually that stupid right?
Then again...

But really, all they have to do is give more color options on the lineup they already have. I don't get why companies don't understand this. There is no cost to R&D, just more colors, it's not that hard.

EB should make no inlays, rosewood/roasted maple necks, and black hardware all permanent options. I know I would immediately order a JPX with a rosewood neck and a clean ebony board.

First off, I would LOVE if things like those were options for the public. But they're not, they're left for the endorsees so that they can customize what they would like. And on the finish front, they put out guitars in batches so it's more efficient for them to put out instruments in a specific finish out there. If you really do want a special finish get a large group of people to order that finish with you, because it's happened before and that's the only way they'll do it for the public. They're not a custom shop in any sense of the word.

But then you realize getting people to agree on specs and aesthetics is probably the hardest thing to do, possibly ever. And that people have been trying to get J Custom runs of 10 Guitars to happen, but never enough people to do it. And besides that, what other Production Guitar company offers that many options on their Production models? :lol: As far as I know, only custom shops and semi custom shops offer things like that for the customer to get in a specific way.

Ernie Ball is doing what every other company is doing for their Production Guitars. And they actually make small runs happen every now and again, so you could have very well had that Rosewood Neck'd JPX, a friend of mine ordered one. And I ordered 2 JP's with Rosewood Necks.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
This is why I think people should just learn to play "right-handed" guitar from the get go; you've really boned yourself by thinking that because you're left-handed you have to play a different guitar than someone who plays right-handed. :) But I'll digress; I know this has been argued up and down in this forum and a bazillion others.

I agree I should have learned the "right" way in the first place! :lol:

Only problem is that I did try to play right handed when I first started for a couple weeks, but it felt really awkward. Not "first time learning how to play guitar and fretting with one hand and strumming with the other hand simultaneously" awkward, but rather "writing with your right hand (in my case, left hand) and then try and write with your foot on the opposite side" awkward.

Rus

Reaction score
No way, I tried before (on a different non-ugly guitar model), and EBMM doesn't like to take custom orders for lefties. EBMM only offer standard options, and no real custom stuff.

After they came out with the Armada, I was just waiting for a JP neck-through...it would have been so simple. But we got the Majesty instead.

christheasian

Reaction score
if they release the left handed version, it better be called the ytse jam !

DanielC1996

Reaction score
The Majesty

I know it's aesthetics are getting a lot of hate, but I've already got mine ordered - I think it's brilliant and beautiful :)

Quick question where can I go about ordering a majesty i want to get one in the Arctic Dream finish it'll be my first time ordering from them and first time owning a musicman thanks :flame:

decreebass

Reaction score
Quick question where can I go about ordering a majesty i want to get one in the Arctic Dream finish it'll be my first time ordering from them and first time owning a musicman thanks :flame:

I'm getting mine through a local EBMM dealer. He ordered it for me when he was at NAMM. You can contact Sweetwater too. I imagine they're gonna be pretty back-logged so you'd probably be safe ordering it today and you probably wouldn't even have to pay for it for a few months. Supposedly they won't be "out" until summer. Hopefully those of us that have ordered already will get ours sooner, but either way; c'est la vie.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I can't wait for you to get yours man, your NGD will be absolutely glorious.

Also, just sealed the deal on a new JP 7 Stringer! ;) It'll be here on friday!

decreebass

Reaction score
I can't wait for you to get yours man, your NGD will be absolutely glorious.

Hell yea brother! You better believe it. I got a friend with a really nice camera that I'm gonna borrow when the day comes - my iPhone isn't gonna cut it this time. I'm gonna try to write up a nice detailed written review and do a video review as well. The whole shebang.

Also, just sealed the deal on a new JP 7 Stringer! ;) It'll be here on friday!

Awesome! If I don't see an NGD post from you by Sunday, I'm gonna come knocking on your door... :) Care to give any teasers?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
A professional camera is definitely going to be much better to use for that! I should use mine for my videos more haha, I'm so lazy I ended up using my iPhone camera for all my Youtube videos :p

And you'll see it! Practicing the song I want to cover with it right now so I can just bang it out in one fell swoop! :D And not this time ;) I don't think I can post any teasers without giving it away haha.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding ordering a JP-7-string:

1) When you buy a new one, are these ordered at MusicMan directly or through a dealer?

2) Are these semi-custom? i.e. you get to choose whether or not you want the piezo/you get to choose the color/choose whether or not you want a matching headstock/what PUs/PU-switching (coil split in middle position or not)/SS-frets or nickel frets, etc?

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding ordering a JP-7-string:

1) When you buy a new one, are these ordered at MusicMan directly or through a dealer?

2) Are these semi-custom? i.e. you get to choose whether or not you want the piezo/you get to choose the color/choose whether or not you want a matching headstock/what PUs/Pu-switching (coil split in middle position or not)?

1. Dealer

2. Options exist but its usually additive rather than subtractive. For example, I'm not sure if you can get a BFR without the piezo bridge, but you can pay more for a natural finish with a nice maple top. In other words, there is always the option to spend more money.

Lastly, I'm a fan of the Majesty and seeing as I ordered a brand new JPX7 3 years after it was released I doubt the Majesty is completely replacing the EBMM JP line. MM seems to keep most guitars in production once they are released.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
You order via a Dealer, and Given To Fly put it very well.

The Standards are the most customizable ones, you can't customize the Anniversary Models unless they have color options on the Musicman Website.

And you can't strip down a BFR, it comes with all the features that it comes with stock. You can pick from the BFR colors, but that's it with those.

And Stainless Steel is the new standard with the line, all JP's come with them now.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
1. Dealer

2. Options exist but its usually additive rather than subtractive. For example, I'm not sure if you can get a BFR without the piezo bridge, but you can pay more for a natural finish with a nice maple top. In other words, there is always the option to spend more money.

Lastly, I'm a fan of the Majesty and seeing as I ordered a brand new JPX7 3 years after it was released I doubt the Majesty is completely replacing the EBMM JP line. MM seems to keep most guitars in production once they are released.

You order via a Dealer, and Given To Fly put it very well.

The Standards are the most customizable ones, you can't customize the Anniversary Models unless they have color options on the Musicman Website.

And you can't strip down a BFR, it comes with all the features that it comes with stock. You can pick from the BFR colors, but that's it with those.

And Stainless Steel is the new standard with the line, all JP's come with them now.

Thanks a lot, guys!

What is BFR?

I saw this at a German dealer, but it does not say whether or not the frets are SS:
Music Man - John Petrucci 7 SBLK Piezo Sapphire Black, Case : Electric guitars

Can you guys tell what model this is exactly and whether or not it has SS frets?

Even though I can't really afford it at the moment, I got a serious GAS attack for a EBMM JP-7-string ...

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I don't believe that has the Stainless Frets, you can check by asking for the serial number and calling EBMM Customer Service, they can check for you. And BFR is what people describe the first Ball Family Reserve JP's as.

John Petrucci BFR

It has a Mahogany Neck/Rosewood Fretboard, Alder/Mahogany TB/Maple Top for the Body woods, shaped differently and the older BFR's had an inlay at the 12th Fret, whereas all new BFR's just have the letters engraved on the Neck Plate.

Latest posts

')