The EB MusicMan 7 Club

• Thread starter Norstorm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Alright I just discovered something awesome I put in my JP7:

3-Way 4-Pole Guitar Toggle Switch-Chrome

It's a 6 way toggle switch, and it's layout is like a normal 3 way toggle but you got 3 on the left and 3 on the right. The reason why I chose this over a normal push-pull pot is because since I'm lefty, I would much rather keep my audio taper pots EBMM used to start with instead of logarithmic pots that are either all on or all off.

I have it wired with bridge, middle, & neck on one row and coil split bridge, middle, & neck on the other.

It sounds divine and I'm definitely getting this for my upcoming maple board JP6.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JLocrian

Reaction score
Recently put a set of creme/black Illuminators in my rosewood necked JP12-7, and they slay!
I'm liking them much more in the basswood body of the 12 as opposed to the alder body of the XI.

If anyone is giving thinking about picking up a set, they're definitely worth it! Quite an improvement on the Crunch Lab IMO :2c:

PBGas

Reaction score
I like the Liquifire in my JP12 7. But I will definitely be changing out the crunch lab for an Illuminators. Great to hear that you are happy with this setup. I haven't taken the cover off yet but I am assuming the wiring is the same?

JLocrian

Reaction score
I like the Liquifire in my JP12 7. But I will definitely be changing out the crunch lab for an Illuminators. Great to hear that you are happy with this setup. I haven't taken the cover off yet but I am assuming the wiring is the same?

Thanks dude!

Yes, the wiring is exactly the same.
To my ears, the Liquifire sounds nearly identical to the Illuminator neck. If you already have a Liquifire, I don't think it would really be worth switching it out for the Illuminator unless you're going for a different color scheme. The bridge Illuminator is quite a noticeable difference though :)

7stringsearcher

Reaction score
So I realize there is probably a list somewhere on here..
But can someone give me a list of differences between the JPXI-7s, and the JP12-7s?
Would be quite interestedd in the comparison..

vinniemallet

EBMM Addicted
Reaction score
The main difference between the JPXI and the JP12 is the body material. JPXI have an alder body and the JP12 have a basswood body. Both models share the same neck profile, have ebony fretboard, and "20 flat radius.

So I realize there is probably a list somewhere on here..
But can someone give me a list of differences between the JPXI-7s, and the JP12-7s?
Would be quite interestedd in the comparison..

ikarus

Reaction score
The main difference between the JPXI and the JP12 is the body material. JPXI have an alder body and the JP12 have a basswood body. Both models share the same neck profile, have ebony fretboard, and "20 flat radius.

So how do they differ in sound?

Bforber

Reaction score
1KCIz4I.jpg

Had for about a month and a half, maybe? It's amazing. Stuck playing Music Man for the rest of my life, haha

Psionic

three headed monkey
Reaction score
1KCIz4I.jpg

Had for about a month and a half, maybe? It's amazing. Stuck playing Music Man for the rest of my life, haha

Like Rob Chapman said: the danger with these is that the first Music Man you get is a gateway drug and once your addicted you wont play anything else.

Cant confirm it yet since i just got mine yesterday but so far i can say that might be a true statement

Bforber

Reaction score
Yeah, I already figured that out with my first EBMM, a jpxi. Lol

The majesty is a totally different feel than any other jp I've played.

I think I'm past the honeymoon phase with it and i still love it. I need to switch to 9s instead of the stock 10s, though. That's my only beef.

Timelesseer

Reaction score
JP12-7 #2 showed up last week. I was originally going to try to get a different model JP to try something new, but I got a solid deal on this one (thanks again JustinG60!) and I couldn't pass it up. These are by far the best guitars I've ever owned or played, I'm pretty confident in saying I'm a Music Man guy for life. May try to trade one of them for another model, or a Majesty at some point but I'd be perfectly happy hanging on to both for a long, long time.

May do a proper NGD day at some point with some better pics, but for now...TWINS BASIL, TWINS!

x7WwkU2.jpg

Ludo95

Reaction score
Sorry guys I have a question for you: would you recommend this 7-string model over the 6-string one? Do you find issues playing speed riffs( like "Scarified" intro for example) on the 6th string? Any problems like touching the 7th string while playing on the 6th or it's just all about time? and btw, how does the 7th string sound for playing "djenty" kind of riff?
Thanks so much :cheers: :cheers:

PBGas

Reaction score
Sorry guys I have a question for you: would you recommend this 7-string model over the 6-string one? Did you find problems playing speed riffs( like "Scarified" intro for example) on the 6th string? Any problems like touching the 7th string while playing on the 6th or it's just all about time? and btw, how does the 7th string sound for playing "djenty" kind of riff?
Thanks so much :cheers: :cheers:

No issues at all playing on the 7. I've been playing them on and off since Vai brought out the first model. These newer JP models with the stainless Frets are unbelievably easy to play. To be honest with you they rival all three of my previous J Customs.

Completely happy with this model! It's a keeper, no question.

MJK28

Reaction score
Wassup 7Stringers! Here's my 7-axe. Looks and sounds like heaven! I'm into the Majesty7 but not in a hurry since I'm enjoying this beauty very much.

Keep rockin'!

')