The EB MusicMan 7 Club

• Thread starter Norstorm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
I joined the club! bought JP13-7 :D You know what they look like by now :D It's fantastic!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Enter Paradox

Reaction score
First seven. Butter.

ve5WIFs.jpg

First trem as well. Currently set up for A# standard (Nevermore etc.) with 4 springs straight, will change to B standard and softer trem. Tips ?

Again, butter frets.

:shred:

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Not many people seem to be going for the JPX7 these days. I wonder why that is? When I bought my JPX7 I never considered the XI or XII, partly out of ignorance, but mostly because of the design concepts that were somewhat extreme, which I liked, but apparently they are not to everyone's taste. I've also noticed no one has bought the BFR Baritone for as long as I can remember. Just some observations to fuel discussion and lengthen the thread...:coffee:

Enter Paradox

Reaction score
Not many people seem to be going for the JPX7 these days. I wonder why that is? When I bought my JPX7 I never considered the XI or XII, partly out of ignorance, but mostly because of the design concepts that were somewhat extreme, which I liked, but apparently they are not to everyone's taste. I've also noticed no one has bought the BFR Baritone for as long as I can remember. Just some observations to fuel discussion and lengthen the thread...:coffee:

I agree with you. Major deal on this one due to its color, black hardwares, my first MIA and again, that color :agreed:

On the tones and sounds, I'll tweak it to taste

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
^ That's why, you have to order them. One of my friends recently placed an order for one.

I love the JPX as well, people get turned off by the chambering but don't realize what it does considering it's not that much chambering. They're all great, but the versatility of the X is above and beyond for me.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
I would love a JPX with SS frets; just can't justify adding a FIFTH 7-string to my stable :) Maybe at some point... someday... this year... next month... who knows?

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I have a question to other EBMM JP guitar owners that have stainless steel frets:

the high e-string on my new JP7 keeps breaking when I do larger bends (3fret/minor 3rd bend). Not every time I do these bends, but after a few hours of playing. This happened now for the 3rd time within 5 days or so.
This does only happen on this particular guitar. The weird thing is: the string breaks in the middle of the string exactly the 13th fret. Every time at the exact same spot, I compared the broken string halves (from the ball end to the spot where it broke) and they are exactly the same length on every string that broke.
I checked the frets in that area for any sharp or rough edges but I could not detect anything. When I run my finger across the fret-edges they are all somewhat sharp, but that's on the edge where the string does not go.

Has anybody of you had a similar experience on their EBMM SS-frets-equipped guitar?
If yes, how did you solve this problem?

PBGas

Reaction score
No issue like this on my JP12 7 with the stainless frets. Haven't broken a string as of yet. what brand of string are you using? The first thing I would do is change that up and see if it gets better, or continues. If it continues, then you have some kind of edge that needs to filed down, perhaps. I've noticed that the Cobalt 4th strings are all breaking on my axes. Strange but true. Partly the way I play, maybe? I'll have to look at another string type instead.

Scrubface05

Reaction score
Do any of you use an Axe-Fx Ultra?
I'm having a realllly hard time dialing in a clear high gain patch that doesn't sound lifeless or overpowering.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
No issue like this on my JP12 7 with the stainless frets. Haven't broken a string as of yet. what brand of string are you using? The first thing I would do is change that up and see if it gets better, or continues. If it continues, then you have some kind of edge that needs to filed down, perhaps. I've noticed that the Cobalt 4th strings are all breaking on my axes. Strange but true. Partly the way I play, maybe? I'll have to look at another string type instead.

Thanks for your input.
I replaced the factory EB string with D'Addarios, but I'm pretty sure now it's not the string, but something's gotta be wrong with the 13th fret.
I checked the string after playing for a few hours by grabbing it with my thumb and 1st finger and running my fingers over the middle of the string. At the spot where the string is at the 13th fret I feel a little 'bump' / 'dent' in the string. There's something 'grinding' the string on that fret. Even though it's not visible, it's there.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Do any of you use an Axe-Fx Ultra?
I'm having a realllly hard time dialing in a clear high gain patch that doesn't sound lifeless or overpowering.

How are you dialing your patches? I wouldn't fault the guitar for that, the Axe is a versatile piece of equipment, and there's usually hundreds of ways to breathe life into your tone.

Scrubface05

Reaction score
I'm not blaming the Axe at all. I'm just having a serious block when it comes to dialing in for my JP lol
My baritone sounds badass in the ones I've made. But when trying to dial in for the JP, it never sounds good enough.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not blaming the Axe at all. I'm just having a serious block when it comes to dialing in for my JP lol
My baritone sounds badass in the ones I've made. But when trying to dial in for the JP, it never sounds good enough.

No I know haha, if you need help let me know.

InFlames235

Reaction score
I know it's not a 7 but there's no EBMM 6 thread I could find and I'm really stoked for this to come in. Just ordered from Wilcutt Guitars:

G57786-2.jpg

MrEzzyE

Reaction score
Is there a specs comparison table available for EBMM Petrucci 7´s like they have on Jemsite for JEM´s and Universes? Pretty handy IMO...

Latest posts

')